FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[WIP][HELP]MobileData Toggle on 4.4.2 i337m

12th March 2014, 05:27 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:
  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?
Last edited by vicl89; 13th March 2014 at 11:53 PM.
 
 
13th March 2014, 11:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika71

Added only MobileData;

Does it works in your device?
18th March 2014, 10:18 AM |#4  
Spacemonkie4207's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 808
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:

  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacemonkie4207 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 10:46 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkie4207

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Can you upload the apk in a server please? Did it work for you? Please send me some screenshots if you can. Thanks!
19th March 2014, 08:44 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Talking I resolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:

  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?



Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin
The Following User Says Thank You to Superman19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 07:37 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman19

Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin

Thanks! it worked
2nd April 2014, 12:24 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Thanks! it worked

I cant make it, maybe Im not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.
Last edited by altitud63; 2nd April 2014 at 12:27 AM.
2nd April 2014, 03:14 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitud63

I cant make it, maybe Im not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!
2nd April 2014, 06:52 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!

Thats the one Im using, I do the changes, but when I restart still there is no Data Toogle ...I will keep trying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes