Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 47,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] bricked samsung galaxy s3 i747

Tip us?

nick1386
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [HELP] bricked samsung galaxy s3 i747

i have a hard bricked s3 at&t i747 model. it bricked after i used the wrong rom which was for the i9300. my phone will not boot no lights no sign of life. when i connect to the computer the device is recognized as QHSUSB_DLOAD. this mind you is after i sent my phone for a jtag repair and it was successfully resurrected via the riff box but it wont go into download mode. any advice????

KorGuy123
Old
Thanks Meter 862

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1386 View Post
i have a hard bricked s3 at&t i747 model. it bricked after i used the wrong rom which was for the i9300. my phone will not boot no lights no sign of life. when i connect to the computer the device is recognized as QHSUSB_DLOAD. this mind you is after i sent my phone for a jtag repair and it was successfully resurrected via the riff box but it wont go into download mode. any advice????
So you hard bricked, sent for jtag, received working and now won't go into download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
If I helped you in anyway please hit the "Thanks" button.
If I really helped buy me a beer sometime!

Canadian GS3 Running
Quantum 5 4.4.4 (Carbon Based
Quantum Core 7/8
0-Day PA Gapps 7/16
3250mAh Extended Battery
Bootloader I747MVLUFNE6
The Following User Says Thank You to KorGuy123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sam the Glider Pilot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently went through something similar; I hard bricked my phone (I deleted the check that made sure it was the right phone). I sent it to MobileTechVideos.com for JTag repair and they did a great job and brought the phone back to life (I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but seriously, they were awesome in just about every way).

However, they seemed to just restore it to the last boot-able state. That last state was not completely stable (I had tried installing the rom, then installed Google apps that matched my the rom but not what was originally installed, it booted but apps just didn't work, tried re-installing the rom, noticed that the rom install error'ed out, deleted the check for the correct cell phone, and then bricked it). So when I got the phone back, it was in the state with the bad Google apps; I had to go back and install the correct version.

Long story short, think back to exactly what state the phone was in before it was hard bricked, and try to work backwards from there.

nick1386
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorGuy123 View Post
So you hard bricked, sent for jtag, received working and now won't go into download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
i sent it to repair but the technician could not get the phone to reboot after successful jtag.

RepublicanJesus
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 4
Tr to force download like this:

Have phone hooked up with no battery
Hold Vol Down + Home
Insert battery still holding those two keys

herna
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,006

DONATE TO ME
Please I need help, I know is not te correct place but hopes you can help me. I have an Galaxy Note, flashing a ROM my phone turned off and I cannot boot, charge or going any recovery or download mode. Today morning I tried JTAG and device wasn´t recognize, how can I fix it? What problems there are for JTAG doesn´t recognize device?
The Following User Says Thank You to herna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shines915
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Angry Qhsusb_dload for Tmobile T999 Fix

Hello,

I bricked my phone trying to put the International S4 Revolution rom on it. It had the qhsusb_dload driver request on the computer. It would not power on or connect to the computer. I tried everything and I could not get it into download mode. I tried a usb jig to no avail. After spending 2 nights trying to unbrick my Samsung Galaxy SGH T999 I finally was unable to unbrick it without using Ubuntu or Linux software.

I had trouble with those types of software because I could not fully understand the coding and my computer is a slower laptop from 2007 and it is very laggy and frustrating to use.

To unbrick my phone, I made a image loadable sd card with the debrick image from Tmobile. To do this I used my 16 gb sd card that I kept in my tablet. I copied all of the files off of it to a folder on my desktop and then I deleted everything off of the sd card. Then I quick formated the sd drive. I downloaded the Tmobile Debrick Image' Then I downloaded Win32 Disk Imager. I selected the image file of the debrick image and then selected the drive my sd card was on and then hit write.

I then took the sd card out of my tablet and I put it in my bricked phone. After 3 seconds my phone lit up and went into download mode where I flashed the stock Tmobile rom for my Samsung S3 T999 using Odin 3.07 and voila.. I am back in service. I created this post because I am a novice at this type of thing and none of your forums where able to help me. All of them kept persuading me to send it to JTAG for a fee. People try this first before you pay anyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shines915 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frohyu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shines915 View Post
Hello,

I bricked my phone trying to put the International S4 Revolution rom on it. It had the qhsusb_dload driver request on the computer. It would not power on or connect to the computer. I tried everything and I could not get it into download mode. I tried a usb jig to no avail. After spending 2 nights trying to unbrick my Samsung Galaxy SGH T999 I finally was unable to unbrick it without using Ubuntu or Linux software.

I had trouble with those types of software because I could not fully understand the coding and my computer is a slower laptop from 2007 and it is very laggy and frustrating to use.

To unbrick my phone, I made a image loadable sd card with the debrick image from Tmobile. To do this I used my 16 gb sd card that I kept in my tablet. I copied all of the files off of it to a folder on my desktop and then I deleted everything off of the sd card. Then I quick formated the sd drive. I downloaded the Tmobile Debrick Image' Then I downloaded Win32 Disk Imager. I selected the image file of the debrick image and then selected the drive my sd card was on and then hit write.

I then took the sd card out of my tablet and I put it in my bricked phone. After 3 seconds my phone lit up and went into download mode where I flashed the stock Tmobile rom for my Samsung S3 T999 using Odin 3.07 and voila.. I am back in service. I created this post because I am a novice at this type of thing and none of your forums where able to help me. All of them kept persuading me to send it to JTAG for a fee. People try this first before you pay anyone.
Thanks bro, this actually works!

TH3F4LL3N
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shines915 View Post
Hello,

Dude you are a lifesaver! I cannot thank you enough!

carlos1984
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Which model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3F4LL3N View Post
Dude you are a lifesaver! I cannot thank you enough!
which model did u use , i am trying with i747m but nothing is happening.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohyu View Post
Thanks bro, this actually works!
what model is ur phone? not working on i747m.