Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

i747 Hard Bricked: QHSUSB - DLOAD : Needing a debrick.img

OP 99ytrewq9111

14th November 2013, 01:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
SGH-I747 (4.1.2 i747's please)/ SGH-i747m( If you have a official 4.3 i747m, please post a debrick.img) only:

Hi, I recently hard bricked my phone into QHSUSB DLOAD and I am going to attempt repairing it through the SD Card boot method.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/edit...ost&p=47431259
I need a debrick.img to flash to the SD card in a Linux OS.

I would have gotten it myself but my phone is obviously dead. I found one before on XDA, but it did not work on my device and it gave me an error in the Linux terminal when it should not have.

-snip-
The end of the 3rd boot-loader stage in mmcblk0 is at 77.3 megabytes. If you are going to help out using your device, try to refrain from uploading an image with a different ROM other than root.

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/backup.img bs=2m count=81054925
The count is the amount of bytes. I am not sure if it is meant to be 1000 bytes=kilobyte or 1024 bytes=kilobyte. The count above is for 1024.


I need someone to install the Galaxy S III unified toolkit, and pull the first 7 partitions from mmcblk0 ,which is where the third bootloader stage ends.(Don't upload a heavily modified device please) http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=213 Once you get the files, PM me.

If anyone has a link to a working one, please post that. If you want to get your own image to help me, go ahead.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by 99ytrewq9111; 23rd November 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Obtained better tools.
16th November 2013, 12:47 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Sorry for the bump... I just need the device running again since the state it's in, it CAN be unbricked.
16th November 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #3  
winosxbuntu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 27
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ytrewq9111

Sorry for the bump... I just need the device running again since the state it's in, it CAN be unbricked.

what happened?
The Following User Says Thank You to winosxbuntu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu

what happened?

I tried to unlock what I thought was a locked bootloader(I could only enter bootloader through ADB)

I found an article that says ezunlock works on all S III's.
It corrupted my bootloader,and my phone gives off no signs of life except "Device QHSUSB-DLOAD not recognized" when plugged in.

This means the motherboard/processor wasn't able to boot from the hard disk, so then it tries the SDcard if it matches the phone close enough.

I need someone to use their rooted i747 to dump the first 77.3 megabytes of "mmcblk0". That contains the firmware and bootloaders. With that, i can burn it to an sdcard in a linux operating system and plug it into my phone.
16th November 2013, 04:14 AM   |  #5  
winosxbuntu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 27
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ytrewq9111

Sorry for the bump... I just need the device running again since the state it's in, it CAN be unbricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ytrewq9111

I tried to unlock what I thought was a locked bootloader(I could only enter bootloader through ADB)

I found an article that says ezunlock works on all S III's.
It corrupted my bootloader,and my phone gives off no signs of life except "Device QHSUSB-DLOAD not recognized" when plugged in.

This means the motherboard/processor wasn't able to boot from the hard disk, so then it tries the SDcard if it matches the phone close enough.

I need someone to use their rooted i747 to dump the first 77.3 megabytes of "mmcblk0". That contains the firmware and bootloaders. With that, i can burn it to an sdcard in a linux operating system and plug it into my phone.

find a download link for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746665 (samsung galaxy s3 toolkit) which can help you fix your phone
if that does not help take it to mobiletechvideos.com and they will fix it for you REASONABLE PRICE
its XDA you will get the help you deserve PLUS i have never encounted that kind of problem HOPE TO GOD IDONT but again am sure an SD-CARD that can write firmware/system IS VALUABLE/USEFULL compared to nothing and that means there is hope left to fix bad code
The Following User Says Thank You to winosxbuntu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 04:27 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu

find a download link for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746665 (samsung galaxy s3 toolkit) which can help you fix your phone
if that does not help take it to mobiletechvideos.com and they will fix it for you REASONABLE PRICE
its XDA you will get the help you deserve PLUS i have never encounted that kind of problem HOPE TO GOD IDONT but again am sure an SD-CARD that can write firmware/system IS VALUABLE/USEFULL compared to nothing and that means there is hope left to fix bad code

Thanks for that link! It looks very promising, and I can probably find a stock boot.IMG in there. I will work on tomorrow. If I succeed, I'll edit the OP and make a debrick guide for this drvice forum. A word of advice, try not to mess with your bootloader or you end up like me
17th November 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu

find a download link for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746665 (samsung galaxy s3 toolkit) which can help you fix your phone
if that does not help take it to mobiletechvideos.com and they will fix it for you REASONABLE PRICE
its XDA you will get the help you deserve PLUS i have never encounted that kind of problem HOPE TO GOD IDONT but again am sure an SD-CARD that can write firmware/system IS VALUABLE/USEFULL compared to nothing and that means there is hope left to fix bad code

Hi, the toolkit didn't fix my phone, but its defiantly a step up. Since I'm assuming you have the toolkit installed that you suggested it, could you do me a favor?

It will be a bit easier using the toolkit to extract the partition files. If you could pull the first 7 partitions from "mmcblk0" of your device through the toolkit, it will probably set the next step to fix my phone. (Assuming you have a 16g i747... I don't really know)

You don't have to do this of course.

Thanks man.
20th November 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Bump. Can anyone help out? All I need is the first 7 partitions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 02:24 AM   |  #9  
winosxbuntu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 27
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ytrewq9111

Bump. Can anyone help out? All I need is the first 7 partitions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

either try using this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27239761 am pretty sure it works for all S3 models, either way on the I747 forum it has been removed, the download link does not work........ so use this

it will work, it may not work but for the time being use this toolkit and also search forums or Google on how to fix this without, i think i found some answers after i had an emmc brick with my S2 but i did not have an SD card to re-write firmware to work again on my phone so i bought the S3 and its awesome
20th November 2013, 02:56 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu

either try using this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27239761 am pretty sure it works for all S3 models, either way on the I747 forum it has been removed, the download link does not work........ so use this

it will work, it may not work but for the time being use this toolkit and also search forums or Google on how to fix this without, i think i found some answers after i had an emmc brick with my S2 but i did not have an SD card to re-write firmware to work again on my phone so i bought the S3 and its awesome

The problem is I need a working phone to pull the partitions. :/ I tried to use the boot image, but it had an error writing while in the linux.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes