Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia SPís bug-fixing update (12.1.A.1.192) delayed by a month !

Tip us?

selmane24
Old
(Last edited by selmane24; 26th March 2014 at 01:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Info 2 Sony Xperia SPís bug-fixing update (12.1.A.1.192) delayed by a month !

A few days ago we informed readers that an Android 4.3 update that included some bug fixes was about to start rolling out for the Sony Xperia SP. French carrier SFR had announced that the firmware update to build 12.1.A.1.192 had been approved and would start rolling out later that day. This gave hope that the update would also arrive soon for other regions, but now the same carrier has confirmed that this Xperia SP update has been delayed.

This latest update will bring performance and stability improvements and it was hoped that it would also fix bugs from an earlier Android 4.3 update. Sadly the update failed to arrive as stated by SFR, and the carrier has now clarified the situation, saying that Sony has delayed the release by a month, pushing it back from March 21 to April 21. This is said to be because of an issue that Sony has identified.

At this stage we have no way of knowing whether the same update will eventually arrive or whether a new update will be certified, but we’ll be keeping a close eye on this and will keep you informed. We also recently reported on a petition that had been started to bring Android 4.4 to the Xperia SP, but this news about the latest 4.3 firmware update is bound to frustrate many Sony Xperia SP owners, especially those still plagued with problems from the earlier update.
Source: SFR
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to selmane24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyapalmpos
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Not surprising...

Sent from my SGP312 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels" -Groucho Marx

jishneo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
AH.....Happens all the time.. Not a biig deal!!

Bazilli
Old
(Last edited by Bazilli; 26th March 2014 at 04:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 170
Well, if Sony has found some issues from upgrade it's better test it through than just release another buggy one.

autentiknolep
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazilli View Post
Well, if Sony has found some issues from upgrade it's better test it through than just release another buggy one.
They are talking about a "FOTA" issue, Or at least that was what I read earlier
The Following User Says Thank You to autentiknolep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Levered
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1440

DONATE TO ME
i think new version will be certified soon...

pec0ra
Old
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
I think the carrier made a mistake between .166 and .192 . I have already heard about this carrier releasing updates long after official update. I think the one they were talking about was just the update from 4.1 to 4.3 ( I read the official post in French and it looked more like this )

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

no_username_available
Old
Thanks Meter 37
as long as they give us a bug free update, they can take as long as they need
The Following User Says Thank You to no_username_available For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ParaSense.
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmane24 View Post
A few days ago we informed readers that an Android 4.3 update that included some bug fixes was about to start rolling out for the Sony Xperia SP. French carrier SFR had announced that the firmware update to build 12.1.A.1.192 had been approved and would start rolling out later that day. This gave hope that the update would also arrive soon for other regions, but now the same carrier has confirmed that this Xperia SP update has been delayed.

This latest update will bring performance and stability improvements and it was hoped that it would also fix bugs from an earlier Android 4.3 update. Sadly the update failed to arrive as stated by SFR, and the carrier has now clarified the situation, saying that Sony has delayed the release by a month, pushing it back from March 21 to April 21. This is said to be because of an issue that Sony has identified.

At this stage we have no way of knowing whether the same update will eventually arrive or whether a new update will be certified, but weíll be keeping a close eye on this and will keep you informed. We also recently reported on a petition that had been started to bring Android 4.4 to the Xperia SP, but this news about the latest 4.3 firmware update is bound to frustrate many Sony Xperia SP owners, especially those still plagued with problems from the earlier update.
Source: SFR
... At least flickering have to be fixed in this delay.. :/

zincir
Old
(Last edited by zincir; 26th March 2014 at 01:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Oh man, first of all the first update was released too soon because they knew they were behind so they tried to repay or delay further anger of their users by releasing if earlier. And now this new update that should finally work properly will be released god knows when.

I've been on 4.1 for 3 years now, before SP on my former xperia. In a year from now I'm a getting a new phone because the contract allows me that. So basically I can only hope to play with my SP 4.3 for less than a year which is really sad, and I regret my decision chosing it. To me the android version is all there is to phones nowadays, they are just displays running software..
/rant finished