Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 3 UK Firmware

Tip us?

twilliams08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] 3 UK Firmware

Just wondering if anyone has a z1c which they purchased from the 3 network in the UK? Is so then presumably the 4g option is available under network settings? If so can someone create an ftf of the 3 firmware? I have an unlocked phone with a 3 sim card and the 4g option is not available nor are there any software updates available via pccompanion or ota so I'd be interested in flashing the 3 firmware to see if it resolves the issue.
Thanks
Tony

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 278

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams08 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has a z1c which they purchased from the 3 network in the UK? Is so then presumably the 4g option is available under network settings? If so can someone create an ftf of the 3 firmware? I have an unlocked phone with a 3 sim card and the 4g option is not available nor are there any software updates available via pccompanion or ota so I'd be interested in flashing the 3 firmware to see if it resolves the issue.
Thanks
Tony
if 4g option is not available check ur variant model.
d5503 or d5502?

if ur device is lte variant and have problem with lte option try to repair ur firmware instead of flashing another firmware

if it not solve ur problem then u can search for flashable modem or another firmware

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

twilliams08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Definitely D5503 version. I've spoken to 3 UK and they've told me to wait for a software update from Sony. There is however no software update available for my phone - it's still on the original UK generic jb firmware 114 and I'm aware others have received two updates already following this version. I thought getting hold of the 3 UK Firmware might speed the process up :0)

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

twilliams08
Old
(Last edited by twilliams08; 3rd April 2014 at 01:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Did LTE work on your previous phone? Some carriers require a new SIM card for LTE (like Orange in my country).
A new sim card may well be my next step however 3 state that its not necessary and should just require a firmware update. My previous phone was an Xperia T, I swapped to the Z1c so i'd have 4G capability! I may try upgrading to the .681 kitkat firmware first using the uk generic FTF available from these forums but I was just curious to know if anyone has purchased a Z1c direct from 3 and whether they have similar issues.
Regards
Tony

LaZiODROID
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Have you tried dialling *#*#4636#*#* and then go to Phone Info, then scroll to the bottom (to the drop-down) and see if you are able to choose LTE/GSM/WCDMA (PRL) ?

twilliams08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZiODROID View Post
Have you tried dialling *#*#4636#*#* and then go to Phone Info, then scroll to the bottom (to the drop-down) and see if you are able to choose LTE/GSM/WCDMA (PRL) ?
Yes I've tried that. There are LTE options available in that menu but when I choose one and go back to the main settings the network mode has changed back to wcdma (preferred)/gsm.

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2332
If your SIM Card is old then you'll need a new one, I did for O2 so would imagine it's the same for most networks.

hunhool
Old
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams08 View Post
Thanks
Tony
Just a minor question.
Do you have 4G coverage in your area?
I've just put my bro's sim card(3 network)
And the 4G option is available umder network settings,however there is no 4G in this area for Three.

REKOGN═ZED KONYHAB┌TOR
GOOGLE NEXUS 5 BLACK 32GB

OnePlus One 64GB

twilliams08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Don't have 4g on the area I live at the moment but what started this whole thing off was that I was away with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and she had 4g (iPhone 5s) and I didn't - both on the 3 network.