Life has become hectic, and as a result, I can no longer look after this thread. If you have free time, and are willing to take over the thread, please let me know.
Please let the community know of any apk's that you have tested, and whether or not the apk works. Please provide a link to where the apk can be found, if the apk can't be found in the Google Play store. If the apk partially works, please provide us with details about the issue.
As always, use this site to download apk's from the Google Play store from a web browser. - http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
Post 1: Newest Additions and Working
Post 2: Working - Has Limitations
Post 3: Does Not Work and Thread Contributors
Twitch (version 2.5.0)
Minecraft: Pocket Edition
- Acceler8 - Works with 360 controller.
- Actual Movie Trailers - Works perfectly fine.
- AioTV - Works great.
- AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (LITE) - Works great. No Subtitles.
- Alarm Clock Plus - Works OK.
- Any Send - Works fine.
- AutoPilot - Works great!
- Bard's Tale - Works. Tested with the Ouya controller.
- Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game - Works fine.
- Beyond Ynth HD - Works perfectly.
- BubbleUPnP - Works great.
- Carcassonne - Works great. Did not test the in-game purchasing.
- Chrome Browser - Works perfectly aside from the 1st time you run it. The first time, the license agreement chucks the app sideways into portrait mode. if you can manage to click the large blue button, quit, and restart, it will be back in normal/usable landscape mode.
- Cordy 2 - Works great!
- Cox Contour - Works great.
- Crunchyroll - Works great.
- DeadBeef Player - Works great with the matching plugins pack runs flawlessly,even for 192khz FLAC!
- DiskUsage - Works.
- Dolphin Browser - Works great. Requires Root to install properly.
- DramaFever for Google TV - Works.
- Drastic NDS Emulator - Works great after adjusting controller keymaps. Tested with Ouya controller.
- DroidEdit - Works.
- Dropbox - Works great.
- Ebay - Amazon remote, 360 controller and KB/mouse work perfect.
- ePSXe - Works will. Tested with the 360 and FireTV controllers.
- ES File Manager - Works great.
- ES Task Manager - Works great.
- Fields of Battle - Free Ouya game. Works fine.
- Firefox Beta Browser - Works great.
- FTP Server - Works
- GENPlusDroid - Works great.
- Google Drive - Requires the play store to be installed first.
- Google Play - Works. Low app compatibility at the moment.
- GMail - Requires the play store to be installed first.
- Grand Theft Auto III - Works fine. Tested with Ouya controller and keyboard.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Works fine. Tested with Ouya controller and Amazon controller.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Works fine. Tested with Ouya controller and Amazon controller.
- Grooveshark - Works Fine.
- Gunman Clive - Works great. Tested with the AFTV remote and controller.
- Helium Boy - Works perfectly
- IP Cam Viewer - Works great.
- Jackpal Android Terminal - Works perfectly fine.
- K9mail - Works great. On first launch, the screen has 2 buttons at the bottom "import settings" and "next". The 2 buttons don't show up (i.e. the text is invisible) until you scroll down on the remote (then the button text shows up) - but after getting past that, the apk worked fine.
- Limelight - Works as it should
- Link2SD - Works.
- Llama - Works great!
- Mame4Droid (0.139u1) - Tested with a 360 controller.
- MX Player - (Pro) - Both versions work great.
- My Boy - Works great. Tested with a PS4 controller.
- NESLite - Works perfectly.
- Netflix - Works great (I know this is an app available on the amazon store, however if you imported the firetv from the US to another country, you get a msg stating that the movie is region restricted, even when the content that's displayed is the proper content for your region.)
- Pac Man CE - Works prefectly.
- Pandora® internet radio - Works great.
- PCE.Emu - Work great after maping the controller.
- PicaSim: Free flight simulator - working with x360 controller, will be testing a real RC controller soon.
- PlayOn - Works.
- PPSSPP - Works. Tested using a 360 controller.
- Quadrant - Works.
- Quick Boot - Work great.
- Reicast - Works great.
- RetroArch - Tested with the 360 controller.
- ROM Buddy - Works. (Might require some path changes)
- Root Explorer - Works
- Rotate Screen Orientation - Works.
- SambaDroid - Work great.
- Samba Filesharing - Requires stickmount(root).
- Screenshot Ultimate - Use the option to place an icon on your screen.
- Shadowgun - Tested with the Ouya controller.
- Smart Memory Booster - The widget works.
- Snes9x EX+ - Works great.
- Sonic CD - Tested with the Ouya controller.
- Spark - At the moment, there is a little bit of lag. You also have to compile your own apk.
- SPMC - Works great.
- Stick Mount - Works great. Requires Root.
- Subsonic Music Streamer - Works.
- Task Manager - Works Fine.
- TeamViewer QuickSupport - Works very well.
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out - Works perfectly, but it takes 900MB+ of storage.
- Time Zone Changer - Works great.
- Tiny Cam Monitor Free - Works great.
- Twitch (version 2.5.0) - Works perfectly.
- TWIT Pro - Everything works perfectly.
- Viki for Google TV - Works.
- Viper4Android - Works.
- VLC for Android - Working perfectly. Remote buttons work and I tested a 1080p video (with dts 4.1 audio) file and it played perfectly.
- VPlayer - Works.
- Vuze Torrent Downloader - Works. Creates system lag while in use.
- What's my IP address - Works great.
- WiFi File Explorer - Works.
- XBMC(Gotham) - Works Great! Download the latest ARM release.
- XDA Developers - Works fine.