Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

screen wakes during call

Tip us?

clesuite
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default screen wakes during call

Sometimes screen wakes during call for a second and it repeating that, but a have the phone close to my ear. (I'm using stock (root) firmware). What do you think it's a problem? (if i test promiximity sensor in hide menu-"promiximity wakelock" for a longer time all is OK)

saajmoon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try with another rom.

balloon27
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by clesuite View Post
Sometimes screen wakes during call for a second and it repeating that, but a have the phone close to my ear. (I'm using stock (root) firmware). What do you think it's a problem? (if i test promiximity sensor in hide menu-"promiximity wakelock" for a longer time all is OK)
The stock firmware for our phone has some problems with the proximity sensor. Iodak's kernel and p880-sources built ROMs have a fix for it included. Not sure about CM based ones, but I guess they'll work fine too! So yeah, that about anything but stock you could try

Greetings from my Nexus 7 FHD!

mcgangsta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If another rom doesn't help, there could be some dust or something else on the sensors way... I had similar problems with HTC Desire HD, which was resolved with some intense sensor cleaning... The rom change is easier to complete though, as the sensor is not in visible place

saajmoon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Problem with sensor is rare, so i think, The same as mcgangsta is easier to change Rom

Wysłane z mojego LG-P880 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 531
proximity is kernel related not rom
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

The Following User Says Thank You to Rudjgaard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]