Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

Update TWRP

OP kbenoit

2nd April 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
2nd April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Try flashify root

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 234
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
2nd April 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 382
 
1,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine
3rd April 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan

In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones


Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
3rd April 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #6  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 234
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !

Awesome glad that helped you!

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes