Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

[Answered] Different Razr versions..? [Yes, Razr V is DIFFERENT than Razr...]

OP Ziida

3rd April 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
This is likely the most obvious thing to Razr users, but I just picked up a Razr V XT886 today and am trying to figure out what I can do with it. I've already got it rooted (yay!) but now I'm trying to figure out if all the ROMs and Recoveries that are posted for the XT910 and 912 are compatible with the XT886 (and similar) or are they all very different phones?


Thank god for this Q&A forum xD

Thanks!
Last edited by Ziida; 3rd April 2014 at 04:08 AM.
3rd April 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Salvador, Bahia
Thanks Meter: 22
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Yes, it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziida

This is likely the most obvious thing to Razr users, but I just picked up a Razr V XT886 today and am trying to figure out what I can do with it. I've already got it rooted (yay!) but now I'm trying to figure out if all the ROMs and Recoveries that are posted for the XT910 and 912 are compatible with the XT886 (and similar) or are they all very different phones?


Thank god for this Q&A forum xD

Thanks!

Those are three different phones. The Razr XT910 e XT912 are almost the same phone, except one is US branded (XT912 - CMDA) and the XT910 is International (GSM) beside this they are the same phone, even though they're different and things meant to one sometimes work on the other, sometimes don't. The Razr V has a completely different chipset from these other two, which makes it a completely different phone from these other 2, so I believe you are on the way the brick your phone if try something that isn't specifically meant to it.

I hope it helped...
The Following User Says Thank You to icarome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarome

Those are three different phones. The Razr XT910 e XT912 are almost the same phone, except one is US branded (XT912 - CMDA) and the XT910 is International (GSM) beside this they are the same phone, even though they're different and things meant to one sometimes work on the other, sometimes don't. The Razr V has a completely different chipset from these other two, which makes it a completely different phone from these other 2, so I believe you are on the way the brick your phone if try something that isn't specifically meant to it.

I hope it helped...

Dang, thanks that's what I was trying to figure out, so I guess the XT886 has basically no development for it. Ohhh well
3rd April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Salvador, Bahia
Thanks Meter: 22
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
No development on XDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziida

Dang, thanks that's what I was trying to figure out, so I guess the XT886 has basically no development for it. Ohhh well

I also tried to find something here on XDA forums that might help but nothing came up
The Following User Says Thank You to icarome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarome

I also tried to find something here on XDA forums that might help but nothing came up

Looks like there's a stock JB I can install. Was looking forward to CyanogenMod KitKat oh well xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes