FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] the best galaxy i9000 rom

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By drpilot, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 07:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i tried cyanogenmod 10.2 but it has no fm radio i said ok . but it does not support network connections over edge , 3g. i want to know which rom is the most stable and fast and good looking and has no bugs or at least few known ones for my galaxy s i9000. and thanks.

16th January 2014, 12:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Edge and 3G working well with CM 10.2. For FM radio you could try SpiritFM.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 01:48 PM |#3  

More
try the
Mackay 4.4 is one of the best i tryied!
;D
17th January 2014, 11:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
When I tried CM 10.0 & 10.1 (stables) the roms functioned ok, but terrible battery life with their own CM-kernel. That was fixed with both roms after changing the kernel to Semaphore which gave much more batterylife. (I never use FM, but with Semaphore manager among others FM can be switched on and radio worked on my SGS1 tested with Spirit FM).

However each time after trying new CM I tried latest stable Slim Bean (which has Semaphore-kernel included) and never looked back. For me Slim Bean blew CM totally out of the water concerning performance and batterylife. (Stability both good by the way). And very nice options in rom such as Real Dark Slim.

Now I am strongly concidering trying Mackay 4.4 (instead of SlimKat bta). Not only because I want KitKat on my i9000. As it appears to function better with our low RAM. Especially the very alive community around it tickles my curiousity.

Anyone has experience with both Slim and Mackey? How does performance, stability and batterylife differ between them? And which of Mackey's function better? Omni- or CM-based?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
17th January 2014, 01:08 PM |#5  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 599

More
My thread is there for reference in the Q&A section

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
20th January 2014, 06:51 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
i am using the nightly cyanogen mod 11 and it is stable and i haven't noticed any bugs or problems during the 2 days i have been testing it, except the fm radio which does not work on all unofficial roms Spirit FM seems to have problems any better rom or solution to the fm radio would be appreciated.

and is Mackay 4.4 better than cm 11. should i try it ?
21st January 2014, 03:30 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
im using c-rom with cma kernel so far so good

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 10:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpilot

i am using the nightly cyanogen mod 11 and it is stable and i haven't noticed any bugs or problems during the 2 days i have been testing it, except the fm radio which does not work on all unofficial roms Spirit FM seems to have problems any better rom or solution to the fm radio would be appreciated.

and is Mackay 4.4 better than cm 11. should i try it ?

I don't know with KK (yet) if also working, but CM-JB with Semaphore kernel instead of CM-kernel and Semaphore Manager one can switch on FM Radio and use Spirit FM. Most likely there is a thread for KK.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
3rd February 2014, 06:54 AM |#9  
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Even though best rom threads arent allowed on xda, ill post my reply: cm10.2.0- superfast, only slight lags while gaming, good battery life, no bugs that i can see.
3rd February 2014, 03:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
just moved from cm11 with semaphore to cm11&mackay kernel. best descision ever. great battery live (8h of no big use/79% battery left) and pretty fast too - depends on mackay settings.
3rd February 2014, 10:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
i am useing mackay rom 4.1.8 (from 04.01.14) and the phone is amazing, it was never as fast and good as now (android 4.2 and 4.3 were complet garbage for the sgs)

even though i will buy the xperia Z1 compact in a few weeks, i will keep the sgs for my workouts in the gym
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)