Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 38,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G Bootscreens

Tip us?

DemmyTree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Moto G Bootscreens

Who'd want to see more of the boot animations they have when you turn it on? in a way id like to see them offer out to the Motorola community to come up with some designs and maybe have 9-16 year olds try draw their own logo of the M and then they create one out of it.

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemmyTree View Post
Who'd want to see more of the boot animations they have when you turn it on? in a way id like to see them offer out to the Motorola community to come up with some designs and maybe have 9-16 year olds try draw their own logo of the M and then they create one out of it.
Strangely enough I don't spend that much time powering my phone off and on just to watch a boot animation. Personally I don't see the point of the animation at all

DemmyTree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland View Post
Strangely enough I don't spend that much time powering my phone off and on just to watch a boot animation. Personally I don't see the point of the animation at all
i understand that like if the phone did turn off though it would be amusing to see different things at times, heck if they made it a live wallpaper of sorts that would be amusing a bit

jman1234
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I love the Moto G's stock boot animation. Also, I don't turn my phone off much either (unless I'm using xposed) and the phone only turns off by itself if the battery dies, which is very rare. In fact, the batter only died once and that was when I had gravity screen running the whole night.

PerKakah
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
The animation is okay but white background is strange to me..

BarnOwl
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerKakah View Post
The animation is okay but white background is strange to me..
It fits the Google look.............
Jeroen
------------------
Motorola Moto G 16G Black Root 4.4 Stock + Xposed Gravity Box + Xposed GEL Settings
(Previous devices: XDA, MDA I, II and III,HTC, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy SIII etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to BarnOwl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DemmyTree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just looked inside the apk at the files for the new animation and it seems that after this april fools it will revert to the original with the powered with android logo

The files use 2 videos for the boot animation

One of them is the animation for turning it on and the second is the looping video until the phone is fully set up

Each animation is 8 seconds long and are organised by 01_intro and 02_loop. This current animation will finish on the 4th of april.