Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OTHER FORUMS] Roms, Apps and Tutorials for the HAM

Tip us?

uppon2
Old
(Last edited by uppon2; 27th April 2014 at 06:57 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,190
Default [OTHER FORUMS] Roms, Apps and Tutorials for the HAM

By far the best forum is 4pda. A big thanks to forum member acbka aka asyan4ik

1. Eloquent

2. Phandroid

3. HTC Mania

4. Droid Sans

5. Android Hilfe

6. Frandroid

7. 4pda.ru MATE

Shendu and also for the P6

MIUI

LEWA OS

News

Unlock Codes
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acbka
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
By far the best forum is Eloquent. Keep an eye on these 2 users 'fte9k' and 'kangvip' - I did try one of the roms out but it was all Chinese. I kept getting a constant system force close at the startup procedure sent in to bootloop. Be very careful when trying the non english roms! I do not want to hear anybody blaming me for a bricked phone.

1. Eloquent

2. Phandroid

3. HTC Mania

4. Droid Sans

5. Android Hilfe

6. Frandroid

7. MIUI

8. Unlock Codes

9. News
You can add a Russian forum 4pda.ru MATE
The Following User Says Thank You to acbka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uppon2
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by acbka View Post
You can add a Russian forum 4pda.ru MATE
Added

uppon2
Old
(Last edited by uppon2; 24th April 2014 at 07:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,190
I am about to try LEWA OS. I have always wanted to give this a shot but it was never available on any of my devices. I will report back

*EDIT* Look below for details

acbka
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am about to try LEWA OS. I have always wanted to give this a shot but it was never available on any of my devices. I will report back

*EDIT* I have changed my mind. I have taken a long time to setup my phone to be the way it is now and don't want to risk having to flash stock firmware again in order to fix a soft bricked phone, not that it usually worries me, it's just annoying trying to get everything perfect again (I don't rely on nandroid backups as even they aren't perfect_
you are wrong, backup through twrp 2.6.3.3 works perfectly! Before Recover to do
wipe - advanced wipe
-Wipe dalvik cache
-System
-Cache
-Custom Storage
-Date
restore you buckup -
reboot -

i restore stock b907 / pac man rom / my port fly ui (cm 10.1 joe.stone)
The Following User Says Thank You to acbka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uppon2
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by acbka View Post
you are wrong, backup through twrp 2.6.3.3 works perfectly! Before Recover to do
wipe - advanced wipe
-Wipe dalvik cache
-System
-Cache
-Custom Storage
-Date
restore you buckup -
reboot -

i restore stock b907 / pac man rom / my port fly ui (cm 10.1 joe.stone)
I have been doing this for many years. I have goten to points of soft bricking where recovery is impossible to get in to and where I needed to enter download/bootloader modes. The only way to restore a nandroid is if I have backed it up to my computer beforehand, flashed a firmware in download/bootloader mode then re-root/unlock and flash a recovery again, transfer the nandroid to my device and hope the data has not been corrupted during the process between phone and computer. I have actually needed to do this several times and more than once the nandroid was not restorable.

elroysk
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Default MIUI V5

http://rom.miui.com/en/download/view/id/359370#top

uppon2
Old
(Last edited by uppon2; 24th April 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,190
I ended up flashing LEWA OS. Very fast and everything seems to be working fine for me. GPS is working better for me now than on stock, camera and HDR mode are great, speed is good. Wifi and Data is working flawlessly. Beautiful lockscreen and UI. All of the theming options seem to be working as well (for those familiar with MIUI etc.) The rom has a lot of visual tweaking and you can even kill the current running app by long pressing the back button *note* it does work, you just need to hold it for longer. You can also swipe in between the notifications and the switches tabs anywhere on the screen

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed the rom again. Step 1. Copy the LEWA rom zip and Gapps to your phone, then reboot in to recovery. 2. In TWRP; do an advanced wipe "cache, dalv, system, data" and then go to install and find the rom and install it. 3. reboot and make sure the rom loads all the way (do not bother setting up google account yet), once this happens reboot in to recovery again by holding power button and selecting reboot>recovery (inside of the rom this option is available), once you are there please install Gapps with TWRP, then reboot and enjoy.

Screenshots
Lockscreen Screenshots
Video showing off the rom (all of these features work on HAM)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ErSergi
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I ended up flashing LEWA OS. Very fast and everything seems to be working fine for me, the only issue so far is I can not scroll left or right to select lockscreen shortcuts, I can only slide it down to unlock. Camera and HDR mode are great, speed is good. Wifi and Data is working flawlessly. Beautiful lockscreen and UI. All of the theming options seem to be working as well (for those familiar with MIUI etc.)

The first time I flashed this it would not pass the boot animation. I ended up flashing B907 again and then running the bootloader unlock again (regardless of if I needed to or not) and then flashed LEWA rom by extracted the files to a new folder and then running the Flash_All.bat from inside the folder. After the files have finished all I did was reboot and it worked this time.
Hi, You can put some screenshots of the ROM??
thanks.

hasbrone
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroysk View Post
Because of P6?
This ROM is 100% compatible with Mate?
(GT-N7000)
Android: | 4.4.2 |
Baseband: | N7000BOLT1 |
KERNEL: ★ | 3.0.64-OMNI-g9de8607 jenkins@devbox.omnirom.org #1 | ★