Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 48,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I retain double tap screen off with Nova Launcher?

Tip us?

nismotime
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How do I retain double tap screen off with Nova Launcher?

I just got the Flex yesterday and so far I love it. I rooted it changed the dpi to 240 and am now running Nova launcher. I really really like the double tap to wake and double tap to sleep function, but I am unable to figure out how to set double tap to sleep on Nova launcher. I have tasker installed, but I am unable to figure out how to have a task turn of the display.

antny
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismotime View Post
I just got the Flex yesterday and so far I love it. I rooted it changed the dpi to 240 and am now running Nova launcher. I really really like the double tap to wake and double tap to sleep function, but I am unable to figure out how to set double tap to sleep on Nova launcher. I have tasker installed, but I am unable to figure out how to have a task turn of the display.
I don't think you can with any 3rd party launcher. I was using apex for a while and switched back because I couldn't use that feature.

-Sent From My LG G Flex Using XDA Premium -
LG G Flex (D959)
T-Mobile US
ROM:Stock

Got nothing better to do? Check it out:
turnphoto.tumblr.com

soundcloud.com/carpediembitchs/

dontyouhate.tumblr.com/

occupationdatdo0d.tumblr.com

reaper420
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Download an app from the play store called lock now, it locks the phone when it is launched. Then set the double tap gesture in nova launcher to launch that app and it will work the same way as it does with the stock launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to reaper420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schollianmj
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper420 View Post
Download an app from the play store called lock now, it locks the phone when it is launched. Then set the double tap gesture in nova launcher to launch that app and it will work the same way as it does with the stock launcher
this. working great for me.
HTC One M8 on AT&T. Rooted,S-Off Unlocked. currently runing someones ROM.... it changes so often....

I served in, and support, the US Military. Do you?

"Every night millions of people go to sleep at night and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan

nismotime
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks bro, you are the best

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
I have Nova launcher and can double tap on and off

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

With no extra program or gesture

imarq
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Even with nova launcher you can still double tap the status bar and it will turn the phone off.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

phillip_viado
Old
Thanks Meter 20
i know this is wrong topic but has anyone has the same status bar as mine when you change the dpi to 240. the signals icon is blue instead of white and the battery icon is blue instead of green?

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Just tested the double tap status bar with Apex and the Google Launcher. Works on both without any add on or separate app.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2