Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How To Disable CRT Off/Screen Off Animation (in Paranoid Android 4.3)?

Tip us?
 
changstalicious
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] How To Disable CRT Off/Screen Off Animation (in Paranoid Android 4.3)?

Is there a way to disable it in AOSPA? (I am a complete noob and have no idea how to decompile/script on Android.

I use a smart cover so the CRT Off/Animation effect is annoying as hell.
 
G7Baker
Old
#2  
G7Baker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 283
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Hey go to settings. Im not 100% where its at but I know its there. You will have an option to turn it off or change it vertical... Let me know when you find it
SGH-I317 JediX17 + Saber42.4 + Blk n Wht Theme & Killin it !!!

 
changstalicious
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by G7Baker View Post
Hey go to settings. Im not 100% where its at but I know its there. You will have an option to turn it off or change it vertical... Let me know when you find it
No idea I'm pretty sure I checked everywhere?

is it under developer or advanced?
 
G7Baker
Old
#4  
G7Baker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 283
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by changstalicious View Post
No idea I'm pretty sure I checked everywhere?

is it under developer or advanced?
Maybe in advance or display. I know it's there
SGH-I317 JediX17 + Saber42.4 + Blk n Wht Theme & Killin it !!!

 
changstalicious
Old
(Last edited by changstalicious; 15th August 2013 at 12:52 AM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by G7Baker View Post
Maybe in advance or display. I know it's there
what would the setting be called?

edit: it isnt there...
 
Troj80
Old
#6  
Troj80's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 57
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by changstalicious View Post
Is there a way to disable it in AOSPA? (I am a complete noob and have no idea how to decompile/script on Android.
I use a smart cover so the CRT Off/Animation effect is annoying as hell.
Try this:
1. Decompile framework-res.apk
2. In decompiled file /framework-res.apk/res/values/bools.xml change "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"
on "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>"
3. Compile framework-res.apk
P.S. All questions in PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Troj80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jibust
Old
#7  
jibust's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 1,804
Join Date: Apr 2011
Just install Xposed framework and search xda for the module. I know there is a module that disables CRT just don't know the name

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (t0lteatt)
Rom: W03 Slim/LiquidSmooth 3.x
Recovery: TWRP

Device: Nexus 7 2013 16GB (flo)
Rom: Mahdi-Rom
Recovery: TWRP
 
steviemch
Old
#8  
steviemch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 205
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibust View Post
Just install Xposed framework and search xda for the module. I know there is a module that disables CRT just don't know the name

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 4 Beta
XBlast tools module disables/changes CRT.
Phone: Nexus 4 (16GB) Android L, Hellscore, TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 7 (32GB) PA 4.5 Alpha, Xposed, Franco, TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to steviemch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hocine210000
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 114
Join Date: May 2013
Location: skikda
thanks
 
linksmask1
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2013
Another way is go to developer options, set "Animator duration scale" to to "Animation off". Restart the phone.

Ps to turn on developer options, go to settings, about phone (or software information) and then press "Build Number" a bunch of times.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes