Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did you find yourself ignoring the Spare Battery Charger

Tip us?

jamor414
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Did you find yourself ignoring the Spare Battery Charger

Did anyone purchase a spare battery charger and find themselves still plugging their phone in most of the time, forgetting their charger at home, not wanting to take off case and rebooting phone every time, etc? And find themselves only using it for emergency purposes?

eTechUncut
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamor414 View Post
Did anyone purchase a spare battery charger and find themselves still plugging their phone in most of the time, forgetting their charger at home, not wanting to take off case and rebooting phone every time, etc? And find themselves only using it for emergency purposes?
i bought a universal battery charger because i was tired of wasting money on a new charger everytime i get a new phone. also, i carry a few devices so all i needed was one. i got mine on ebay for about $15. pict in link below

http://www.dataplusdata.com/images/v/20134025124016.jpg
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
and
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Stock

I live my life in the fast lane. I flash ROMs on 20% battery.

Mechayoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No not really. Taking the time to swap batteries is still better than waiting for the phone to charge.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mechayoshi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamor414
Old
(Last edited by jamor414; 2nd April 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcn84 View Post
i bought a universal battery charger because i was tired of wasting money on a new charger everytime i get a new phone. also, i carry a few devices so all i needed was one. i got mine on ebay for about $15. pict in link below

http://www.dataplusdata.com/images/v/20134025124016.jpg
is that the MobilePioneer Universal USB Wall Travel Spare Battery Charger?

do you think it will work for the note 4?

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechayoshi View Post
No not really. Taking the time to swap batteries is still better than waiting for the phone to charge.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
This. Hate having down time as I'm firmly addicted to my phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast

Fendulon
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I instantly bought a 2 pack of anker batteries and an additional wall charger. Me and my Fiance each use a battery and a charger. Just swap them out when the get low, love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Phone:Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T
Rom:Dynamic Kat 4.2 with AOSP theme
The Following User Says Thank You to Fendulon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aygriffith
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I have the Anker battery set and charger too. Day to day at home or the office I rarely use them but I do a fair bit of traveling each month and in planes, trains, and automobiles they come in handy.

And yes it's a PITA to take off my case. Especially since I switched from the cheap one piece TPU/Pleather case to the two piece Rubber/Pleather with separate silver trim AVOC case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Now...
Samsung Note 3 N900A(play)
Apple iPhone 5S 32GB(work)
Asus Nexus 7" 16GB & 32GB WiFi
Samsung Nexus 10 32GB
Apple iPad 4
Samsung 500t Tablet + Dock

Gone but mostly not forgotten...
6 Blackberries, HTC TP2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Nexus S 9020T, Samsung Galaxy S2 T989, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 9250i, Apple iPhone 4s, HTC One X+, Asus Transformer TF300, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung GT7 i987, Samsung GT27 GT-P3113, Samsung GN2 GT-N7100, Samsung GT10 GT-P7510, LG G Pro E980
The Following User Says Thank You to aygriffith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flipq88
Old
Thanks Meter 606
I'm the opposite. I haven't plugged my phone into it's charger for months now. Always have the extra battery fully charged

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]