MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

S Health APK for Galaxy S4 Mini

21st August 2013, 12:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195

600 posts
More
We all know that we were left behind with the S Health app in the Galaxy S4 Mini, rumor has it that it is downloadable from Samsung's app store but for now it is only available for US citizens and some European countries.

I found this APK over the net and thought I'd install it, and it works just fine. So I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Screenshots:

Download the APK: Click here.

After you install the APK, tap on Done and it will then give you another installation screen for the app's services, install that aswell and then you may run the app from the drawer.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mitko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2013, 08:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 18

130 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks mate, appreciated, trying this right now.
5th September 2013, 11:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 29

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbare

Thanks mate, appreciated, trying this right now.

Trying too
15th September 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
This version of S Health isn't like the s4 one.
Here you can't count your steps.
I tried sending the original S4 S Health app to my s4 mini it is about 30mb but when I run it it is looking for S bands to sync with in order to track my steps.
4th October 2013, 07:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
Thanks for sharing
6th March 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Qatar
Thanks Meter: 29

93 posts
More
What i found easier and better was to go to Samsung Apps > Categories > Apps for Galaxy > S Health, for some ppl that doesnt work so u have to go to Samsung Apps and search "S Health" The one from samsung apps looks more like the S4 but still cant get the walking mate job done. That may be because of a missing sensor on our S4 mini. Sorry for a looong post :P
6th March 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195

600 posts
More
Well at the time I posted this the S Health app was not available there, or it was just because of country limitations. Dunno.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app
11th March 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 19

26 posts
Thank you. it's cool!
14th March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

37 posts
Yeah the S4 comes with an internal pedometer, the S4 mini doesn't. This means that no matter what we did, we just wouldn't be able to run the exact S4 S Health app in the mini.

Though there are cool pedometer apps that use the motion sensor. They use CPU instead of the pedometer, but you can fix that a bit by setting governor to powersave when all you want is the pedometer. Accupedo keeps track of your number of steps and keeps a day-by-day record like the S Health app.
The Following User Says Thank You to vexorian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitko

We all know that we were left behind with the S Health app in the Galaxy S4 Mini, rumor has it that it is downloadable from Samsung's app store but for now it is only available for US citizens and some European countries.

I found this APK over the net and thought I'd install it, and it works just fine. So I thought I'd share it with you guys.

After you install the APK, tap on Done and it will then give you another installation screen for the app's services, install that aswell and then you may run the app from the drawer.

Thank you, I was able to get s Health to load on my s4 mini and it shows my Galaxy Gear is paired but I am not able to transfer my Steps from the built in Pedometer on the Gear, any suggestions? see attached 2 images, where in s Health do I go to transfer steps from Gear watch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-29 09.16.50.png
Views:	342
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2657521   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-29 09.35.31.png
Views:	326
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2657522  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags