Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could I have blown the charging ports on two phones?

Tip us?

albo23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Could I have blown the charging ports on two phones?

So I plugged in a cheap Micro USB charger I bought into two Androind phones that I have and I think it may have blown them out. The phones would not function with the charger at all so I threw the charger out.

However, I then tried those phones with the other chargers I have and they seemingly stopped working with them as well! I knew these chargers worked because I have had them for months.

Is it possible that I could have messed up two phones just by plugging them into a shady Micro USB charger? These phones now refuse to charge whatsoever with any of the chargers I have.

nikunj.baheti@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by albo23 View Post
So I plugged in a cheap Micro USB charger I bought into two Androind phones that I have and I think it may have blown them out. The phones would not function with the charger at all so I threw the charger out.

However, I then tried those phones with the other chargers I have and they seemingly stopped working with them as well! I knew these chargers worked because I have had them for months.

Is it possible that I could have messed up two phones just by plugging them into a shady Micro USB charger? These phones now refuse to charge whatsoever with any of the chargers I have.
maybe you have messed up with the charging port and now they need to be changed