FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which one to replace Nexus 5? (Z1 vs G2)

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By mnickkk, Member on 15th March 2014, 09:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I love the pure Google experience but internal memory and battery capacity of Nexus 5 is just killing me. I would go for G2, but I heard it struggles with poor internal memory performance. Can anyone confirm it with KK onboard? My N5 is .84 rw. Which one has better community support? I would probably flash cm/omni. And Im considering 16GB Z1 vs 32GB G2. I like the feeling of N5, and that's why Im a bit scared of Z1 huge frame, but stable and fully functional pure Google is the most important for me.

15th March 2014, 09:33 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 977

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnickkk

I love the pure Google experience but internal memory and battery capacity of Nexus 5 is just killing me. I would go for G2, but I heard it struggles with poor internal memory performance. Can anyone confirm it with KK onboard? My N5 is .84 rw. Which one has better community support? I would probably flash cm/omni. And Im considering 16GB Z1 vs 32GB G2. I like the feeling of N5, and that's why Im a bit scared of Z1 huge frame, but stable and fully functional pure Google is the most important for me.

Do you care about horrible viewing angles? I mean horrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aooga Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 09:36 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
As long as they are not worse than in my TFT desktop monitor, I'm fine with that. Are they worse than in Xperia S? Cause those are almost unacceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
15th March 2014, 10:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I came from Experia Z and truly don't go for a Z model, screen is horrible, camera is horrible "noise!", battery more horrible than N5. Don't do it!. Today I bought a additional battery for my N5 which easy to replace..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 12:09 AM |#5  
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Wait for the Z2

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 12:37 AM |#6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 977

More
Quote:

As long as they are not worse than in my TFT desktop monitor, I'm fine with that. Are they worse than in Xperia S? Cause those are almost unacceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They're worse. The Z2 fixed that though. It also has a much better camera algorithm. The z1 is full of noise.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 12:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Wait for the Z2

Sent from my Xperia Z1
16th March 2014, 12:43 PM |#8  
Flag Strasbourg
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I think Z1 is great

Sent from my N986 using xda premium
16th March 2014, 06:18 PM |#9  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 52

More
The only horrible thing is the community, that writes crap about this nice device every time ...

I can tell you (with many hours of testing Z1, G2, S4, etc. that the Z1 is by far the best device out of the top devices at the moment... for sure you will have to know, what you are doing (and seemingly no one here does) ... i'm a photograph and have to say that the camera is brilliant (for a mobile camera) ... you just have to choose manual iso and such things, cause the automatic is (as always at EVERY camera) not the best for all situations ... e.g. if you shoot pics at night, the automatic mode gains the iso to maximum ... this will for sure make you able to shoot pictures that look like at evenig, not at night, but will gain the noise to a max ... if you choose wisely (e.g ISO 400) at night shots and hold the camera still you will get good pictures ...
i may upload a few examples today or tomorrow ..

the display: Yes, it is not such a good viewing angle as on new IPS-Panels or something ... BUT ... do you want everyone in a train e.g. be able to look and read everything on your display? Me not ... It's important to have enough angle to watch videos or look at photos (espacially for me) without getting wrong colors or something ... and THAT is what the Z1 does ...not more, but not less ...

so why is the z1 better than evey other mobile available?!
- it's water resistant (and yes, i testet it half an hour fully under water) ...
- its aluminium frame with saphire glass on both sides (yes it is) gives it a nice finish (im sure you can even let it fall on a stone without braking it, but not tested - it just falls periodically from my table on the carpet - ca 1m - and is still alive )
- the dev community is good
- the battery life is the longest for those cpus and displays
- the camera is awsome
- the display (triluminos) is brilliant with true colors, good contrast, etc ...
- sony delivers good support
- the sound that comes out of this mobile (even with just the headset in the package) is amazingly brilliant - with good earphones it's for sure the best i ever heard (sony has much experience cause of the walkman devices and such things ...)
- it comes out of the box with very cool features such as the stamina mode (wich works brilliant - no need for any other battery apps or task killers) or the ability to bind an DualShock-Controller to the mobile for gaming e.g. ... and much more ...

so enough said .. haters will allways hate ... but i will never give my z1 away ... it's the best phone i ever head in my hands (and i've had more then enough) ...mybe the z2 will be the replacement for the z1 in a while ... but at the moment there is nothing better available ...

EHHHM .. just to be clear ... im reporting about the standard german nonbranded C6903 .. i heard that some other countrys and models may have other display panels and may be worse than the "normal" device ... don't know, what is exactly true about this .. i can only tell you something about German unbranded C6903 which is mine and the mobile of 2 friends of me .. all working without problems ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Synergy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ_Synergy Ad-Free
16th March 2014, 07:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I sign this
17th March 2014, 11:06 AM |#11  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

I have the Z1, but the only reason I went for it instead of the G2 is because I need more than 32GB storage and I care about the materials / build quality of a product a lot. I guess if those things are important to you, go for the Z1, otherwise the G2 is probably better than the Z1 in every way really (especially the display and the size of phone to size of screen ratio. Z1 has HUGE bezels)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)