Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Reviewed]_Review New 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware Android 4.3 From Sony

Tip us?

Amin.HVS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 337
Post [Reviewed]_Review New 12.1.A.1.201 Firmware Android 4.3 From Sony

Xperia SP after long, able to get, new update from Sony . Previous updates the device that was very disappointing , too much criticism along. Bugs and flaws in the basic version of Android 4.3 has caused many users will not even go back to android 4.1 to android 4.3 Survival prefer .
With all these updates graduate 2 april 2014 Sony finally released this device . Many of the problems in the previous version of the update is completely dissolved . Although too early to talk about the general objection to this ROM, but some changes are fully seen until this moment, it's time.

- Improved Speed: This version is the first thing seen, the high speed of the device after the update. However, if in the coming days, as well as firmware version before it slowed and no speed loss!

- Improved battery consumption: power consumption and energy consumption per unit is much improved in this version perfectly optimized.

- LED effect in solving the problem Walkman: One of the most attractive features of the Xperia SP, beautiful LED effects when playing music, but unfortunately this feature the Android 4.3 update will be somewhat difficult. Fortunately, this problem has been fixed in this version as well.

- Free Space Ram: In previous versions, you will also be faced with a shortage of RAM space. This version is somewhat optimized RAM machine in normal mode, users will be more than 300 MB of available space. Of course it also depends on user requirements and applications installed on the device will be.

- Hot issue the device: the problem also existed in the previous version have been largely resolved. Hot issue over the phone, some users were facing, as well as the update will fix it.

The above experiences only a few hours we had this version . If you 've received the update and change yourself and let us know .
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Amin.HVS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barca.solider
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does bravia engine works

Amin.HVS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 337
Special Thanks to @willverduzco for note this review in XDA-Portal
The Following User Says Thank You to Amin.HVS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oblox
Old
Thanks Meter 100
To add my 2p worth, having been trying CM 10.2, PAC-man, AOKP since the dire release that was 266 I thought id try out Sony's latest effort and I have to say im not impressed. It is better than the 266 release but 201 still has problems, the screen flickering even if only occasionally is a pain, and the lagginess the system gets is still present even if it is improved over the initial 4.3 release.

The camera is still extremely slow to load from the lockscreen or when unlocked, compared to CM's camera this is truly abysmal if you want to capture something quickly. Also I found some apps reporting my SD card twice so my gallery of choice (QuickPic) showed two lots of every photo.

For those who dont want to try anything else than stock id say this release is worth going to if you have 4.3 but stick with 4.1.2 otherwise. For anyone else try CM10.2 or AOKP, both are far more customisable, user friendly and they just work tons faster than Sony's efforts. Plus you can get many of Sony's apps to install on them anyway so wont miss out on the features.

klacenas
Old
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
I think this one is better than the existing unofficial CM roms. Tried them but somehow. after some tests this one is still more stable. But thats only my own opinion.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

QBerto
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca.solider View Post
does bravia engine works
BE2 doesn't work in album app since there's no be_album file after update yet.... I think that is stupid, but well, I'm actually satisfied with the bug fix, the few bugs I has with .260 are gone now, and I don't even need a wipe yay! xD

marsx1984
Old
Thanks Meter 26
My review:
1. RAM management: the same as before ....just like in 4.1.2 and in .266. So in other words Real Racing 3 still crashes randomly...
2. Battery life: I have no ideea . It's been just over a day since the update hit and everyone who says it's better or worse is just under some sort of placebo efect.My guess is battery life is as good as it was in 4.1.2 and in .266
3. Walkman LED effect: SOLVED , but I could not care less about this.
4. Improved Speed ?!!?! Again some people had too much placebo for dinner .266 was running really nice for me , just like 4.1.2 , I had no complaints in this departement
5. Camera : My XPERIA NEO still takes much better pics than the SP
6. Overheat: In that one race I played before Real RAcing 3 crashed my phone did not seem that hot ....so maybe it's not running as hot as before in full load.Further tests may be needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marsx1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noahvt
Old
Thanks Meter 315
The Led is still not.dancing for me when on max volume :/

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
MY DEVICES:

XPERIA SP (C5303)
-CPU: 1.7ghz(DUAL) QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON S4 PRO
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: MSM8960T
-GPU: Adreno 320
-ROM: [KK 4.4.3] OFFICIAL CM11 Nightly
-KERNEL: [CM11]Williams kernel V2

Asus Transformer tf300t (CARDHU)
-CPU: 1.7GHz( QUAD, OC ) TEGRA3 T30L
-RAM: 1GB
-BOARD: Cardhu
-GPU: TEGRA3
-ROM: MULTIBOOT: Xubuntu, ubuntu touch, cm11, Cromi-X, omni, Dirty Unicorns

SONY SW2
-CPU: 200MHZ(SINGLE) QUALCOMM M3

xarli999
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Fast Dormancy issue not solved
Check battery stats and look onto "Android System" or "Android OS", youŽll see thousands of wakups if you are using 3G

xTerraH
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsx1984 View Post
My review:
1. RAM management: the same as before ....just like in 4.1.2 and in .266. So in other words Real Racing 3 still crashes randomly...
2. Battery life: I have no ideea . It's been just over a day since the update hit and everyone who says it's better or worse is just under some sort of placebo efect.My guess is battery life is as good as it was in 4.1.2 and in .266
3. Walkman LED effect: SOLVED , but I could not care less about this.
4. Improved Speed ?!!?! Again some people had too much placebo for dinner .266 was running really nice for me , just like 4.1.2 , I had no complaints in this departement
5. Camera : My XPERIA NEO still takes much better pics than the SP
6. Overheat: In that one race I played before Real RAcing 3 crashed my phone did not seem that hot ....so maybe it's not running as hot as before in full load.Further tests may be needed.
There is most definitely improved speed compared to .266. ram management has been improved. Battery life has also definitely being improved.
MY REVIEW:
Lay off the 'shrooms brah.