[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Acer A700/A701 (with 3G)
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo
. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog
for a full list of changes & features.
Device-specific source code for the Acer A700 are available from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_acer_a700
Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker
Latest Build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=a700
Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
- Install CWM recovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1791165 (note that the old touch version will not work because of incorrect default.prop from CWM builder)
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
- Optionally install the Google Addon
- Wipe data if coming from stock
A rough changelog will available here once nightlies have started:
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.
What is your--
CM Download url:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:
Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone
involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
Please do not use email, PM or use social network to ask for support (use the thread), ask for help on another device (I can't help without access to the device) or recommendation on the "best" device/ROM (I only know about what I use).
If you like my work, please consider donating via PayPal using the address p.pawit [at] gmail.com
(if PayPal says that it is not available, please do not mark the payment as a donation and it will go through)