Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 for gt-P311X

Tip us?

joeinternet
Old
(Last edited by joeinternet; 17th September 2013 at 02:43 AM.) Reason: Updates to new version 2.6.3.0
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 for gt-P311X

With the help of Dees_Troy, helicopter88, MrHyde03 and the various other guides & great folks out there, I compiled TWRP 2.6.3.0 for the gt-p3113. This is for the US-version wi-fi with the IR port, but I'm told it may also work for the wifi-only (3110) version as well.

Files are here for the time being: one .img for a straight dd within an adb shell and the other (.md5) is ODIN-flashable.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/my09xxmhwo8bcy1/zT80nlWBOj?m

There's a recovery-flashable .zip file there as well (thanks webdroidmt!)

I've also included the stock recovery image from Samsung's 4.2.2 release if you would like to flash back for some reason.

Standard disclaimers apply: I'm not responsible if this bricks your device or causes harm in any way.

Other than that, enjoy, test and let me know your experience!

Changelog from TWRP:
What's new in 2.6.3.0:

Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
A few other fixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.6.1.0:

Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Old thread & discussion here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2168845
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to joeinternet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skazzy3
Old
(Last edited by Skazzy3; 21st March 2013 at 01:12 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 914

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: TWRP 2.4.4.0 for gt-P3113

Thank you very much. I will test it. Right after nandroid.

Edit: internal SD appears blank when trying to install.
Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/Luigi2012SM64DS

I'm back!
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - SlimROM - Stock kernel

Maribou
Old
Thanks Meter 604
Working great for me. Backed up and flashed with it. Not a single problem yet.
Code:
Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface\n
We must shed our own circumferences;\n
Find the divinity within and emerge.

webdroidmt
Old
Thanks Meter 953
Joe, good to see your thread in dev. I always use ext SD for both flashing zips, as well as backup/restore. However, just checked internal SD and as mentioned above, it comes up empty. It won't find any folders with zips or TWRP backups.

Aside from that and the clock continuously being 1 hour off for EST, it's working great for me. Have installed 4 or 5 different zips and have done 2 backups and restores.

Thanks,
Mike T

MrHyde03
Old
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
Glad you got it goin bud. Enjoy!
Make sure to hit THANKS
If you like what I've done, please consider buying me a beer or helping me pay off my college loans
In the spirit of open source, feel free to use/reuse anything I post unless otherwise noted in the thread OP. Just be sure to give proper credits and a link to the OP.

Verizon Galaxy S5
SlymHyde -= Fast & Stable =-

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
Terok Nor v3 -==- Reliable -==- Smooth -==-

My github

copene
Old
Thanks Meter 65
your internal SD card is located at /DATA/MEDIA within TWRP for the 3113. We talked about this in the other thread, but here's the bad part...If you WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET it WIPES your internal card. So if you're a purely external SD guy your good to go but if you have any media data internally, say goodnight.

NMCBR600
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I use TWRP on other devices and they leave /data/media alone when doing a factory reset. TF101 and Galaxy Nexus.

MrHyde03
Old
Thanks Meter 853

DONATE TO ME
It's located at /data/media for just about all android I believe, but it's never wiped with a wipe data/factory reset. Unless TWRP was not properly configured, you'll be alright.
Make sure to hit THANKS
If you like what I've done, please consider buying me a beer or helping me pay off my college loans
In the spirit of open source, feel free to use/reuse anything I post unless otherwise noted in the thread OP. Just be sure to give proper credits and a link to the OP.

Verizon Galaxy S5
SlymHyde -= Fast & Stable =-

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
Terok Nor v3 -==- Reliable -==- Smooth -==-

My github

copene
Old
Thanks Meter 65
who's brave enough to test it? I'm about 5 hours away from being able to myself but I switched back to CWR after reading that in the other thread. Problem is, you have to BU to computer because a nandroid wouldn't bring back the data if it in fact does get wiped. I only doubt this because TWRP does not locate the Touchpad or Skyrocket media data in /data/media. I just don't want to F up my daughter's TAB!

joeinternet
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
The build as it sits is certainly geared toward someone using their tablet with an external SD card. Having shot myself in the foot so many times in the past, I've just made a habit of backing stuff up there.

I've nuked encryption and gone back to stock and will be testing from that angle.

The Following User Says Thank You to joeinternet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gt-p3113, twrp