1) Fix incorrect path when removing conflicting files before installation (/system/app/priv-app is not a correct path)
2) Fix file permissions for /system/etc/permissions, /system/etc/preferred-apps, and /system/etc/g.prop. These directories contain xml files which should all be non-executable.
3) Add post-restore commands to fix directory permissions on newly created directories. When the gapps and facelock backup scripts restored files, the newly created directories were defaulted to read/write/execute (777). These directories are now changed to read/write/execute (755).
4) Google Cloud Print is added to gapps package.
5) Does not replace stock Launcher, Calendar, or Camera with closed source Google versions.
6) Merged with 20140606 gapps package and fixed missing entries from backup script.
7) Updated to 4.4.4 google apps.
8) Removed ConfigUpdater.apk
9) Added gesture & swipe support to stock CM keyboard.
Unified diffs of the changes to the gapps packages are provided below.
Note: Some Gapps packages remove the stock CM11 camera and replace it with Google's Camera application, which is not fully compatible with all CM11 devices (ie; p31xx and p51xx). The gapps package in this thread will not install or replace any stock CM11 applications that already exist in the CM11 ROM. Most other gapps packages are also not setting the proper selinux permissions in the file system with "set_metadata".
Note: The gapps packages provided here are compatible with all cm11 devices.
* Minimal version contains only base Google apps, framework and libraries. All Google apps can be installed from Play Store.
Latest gapps package for 4.4.2: gapps-kk-20140105-5-signed.zip
Latest gapps package for 4.4.3: gapps-kk-20140606-1-signed.zip
Latest minimal gapps package for 4.4.3: gapps-kk-20140606-1-minimal-signed.zip
Latest gapps package for 4.4.4: gapps-kk-20140620-2-signed.zip
Latest minimal gapps package for 4.4.4: gapps-kk-20140620-2-minimal-signed.zip
1) reboot to recovery
2) format /system (no other wipes needed)
3) install cm rom
4) install new gapps
5) install any other patches you want
6) reboot to android
Note: no settings will be lost because we don't need to wipe data/cache partitions.