[ROM] [4.1.2] [P311X] MicroDelta Stock Based ROM (XXDME3)

OP Tsjoklat

8th April 2013, 09:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,225

1,623 posts
Presenting, MicroDelta stock based JB 4.1.2 ROM (P3110XXDME3) for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 and P3113 (see addons for more information on P3113 infrared support). There are no performance enhancing init.d scripts or system tweaks applied to this ROM. Everything should be as close to stock as possible. All customizations for this ROM will be provided below as independent addons.
  • JB 4.1.2
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Busybox 1.20.2r2 with statically linked binary (Resource: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/do...sybox-1.20.2r2)
  • Superuser 1.0.1.8 by ClockworkMod is now default superuser application. This version is chosen because it is fully working, free, and open source. Resource: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utta.superuser ** Note** XXDMA2 release uses SuperSU 1.25 (Resource: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053)
  • Kernel init.d support added to stock ramdisk. Note: The init.d support in this ROM is triggered by a patch to init.rc in the ramdisk (instead of the alternate "install-recovery.sh" init.d trigger method). The alternate "install-recovery.sh" init.d trigger method is not used in this ROM because it can conflict with the init.d support provided by other custom kernels and cause the init.d scripts to be executed twice.
  • Note: The modified version of Google Play Store is now supplied separately with latest release (XXDME3). See attachments below for flashable zip to install this version of the modified Play Store. Google Play Store 3.4.7 (/system/app/Phonesky.apk) added and modified to skip automatic internal self update (Google has permanently disabled Ti Backup's ability to attach and detach applications in the Play Store after version 3.4.7, so the Google Play Store has been modified to not internally update itself automatically without notification or permission). Resource: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580827
  • Startup and Shutdown sound files renamed with "bak" extension to prevent execution (these two sound files can be changed back to their original names to enable the default startup and shutdown sounds again).
    1. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOff.ogg
    2. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg
  • Sysro and sysrw scripts added to /system/xbin for easy command line interface.

No default applications have been removed from this ROM. I find it safer to use Ti Backup and freeze the applications that I do not want to use, instead of removing them. Here is a list of the applications that I recommend freezing with Ti Backup in this ROM:
  • AllShare Play
  • AllShare Service
  • ChatON
  • Game Hub
  • Google Play Magazines
  • Google Play Music
  • Kobo
  • Music Hub
  • PressReader
  • Readers Hub
  • S Suggest
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Push Service
  • Software update
  • Video Hub
  • Zinio

Notes on Tablet UI:

For the "Tablet UI", I recommend using Xposed Framework. Resource: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24267797

After setting up Xposed framework, install the "TabletUI" and "App Settings" Xposed modules. Activate both Xposed modules and use the App Settings Xposed module to control the DPI of the SystemUI (with a range of 134 to 160 DPI). Any DPI setting for the SystemUI that is lower than 134, while the TabletUI Xposed module is also activated, will cause the SystemUI to report an error. DPI 145 seems to be optimal size because this is as low as it can go before the long press on the home button works with Google Now.

Tablet UI Xposed module: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/th...-trigger.5527/ or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=84
App Settings Xposed module: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/th...settings.5486/ or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116
Xposed Module Homepage: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/fo...ramework_mods/

You must use Xposed Framework >= v2.1.4 (along with the TabletUI module) for this to work properly with this ROM.

Notes on custom kernels:

This ROM should work as a good base for testing custom kernels. There are many to choose from, but the KK Boot image works very well (thanks ketut.kumajaya). Reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1855700

Recommended Installation:

** If you are already running a stock 4.1.x ROM, then there is no need to wipe the data/cache. Just flash over the top of the previous installation without wiping.

** If you are currently using an AOKP or CM based ROM, then a wipe of the data/cache after installation is required.

Special thanks to everyone here on XDA that helped me put this together. Attached below is a text file (MicroDelta-P3110-JB-4.1.2-P3110XXDME3.txt) with the MD5 and link to the ROM. I have also attached a few custom MicroDelta (and alternate Deltadroid) bootanimations and wallpapers for your Home and lock screen. Enjoy.

Additional Addons:

Attached below is also a ClockworkMod flashable zip (MicroDelta-JB-4.1.2-P3110XXDME3-stock-kernel-init.d-bootanimation-signed.zip) of the stock kernel with init.d support plus additional custom bootanimation support. The kernel package also comes with a custom MicroDelta bootanimation which is installed to /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Note: This kernel package with bootanimation support will also work with a P3113. Edit: Added alternate bootanimation with kernel called Deltadroid.

Additionally, attached below is a text file (MicroDelta-P3113-JB-4.1.2-P3113XXDME3.txt) that contains the MD5 and link to a ClockworkMod flashable zip for P3113 support. The flashable zip will modify build.prop on the MicroDelta ROM so that Settings->About will display the correct P3113 model number. Also, this flashable zip will install the Peel Infrared support for the P3113. Flash the zip over the top of the P3110 MicroDelta ROM to install.

The extended 4-Way Reboot menu modification has been added below as a flashable ClockworkMod zip. This modification alters android.policy.jar and integrates the extended reboot menu into the system. Credits to kahvitahra for posting a howto.

In addition to the 4-Way Reboot menu modification, the Back2Kill mod is also available for android.policy.jar (allows you to long press the back key to kill current running applications). This modification is combined with the 4-Way Reboot Modification because both of these modifications are changing the same file. Credits to Mirko ddd for posting a howto.

The Ripple lockscreen has been added below as a flashable ClockworkMod zip. This modification alters framework-res.apk and services.jar to integrate the Ripple lockscreen. Credits to txr33 for posting a howto.

The stock video player also comes as an addon with transparent control buttons (play,ff,rw) and support for bluetooth control (pause,ff,rw,next track,previous track).

Provided below are three different options for altering the user interface (for both p3110 and p3113):

1) JB-black-statusbar-icons: change the Touchwiz status bar to black and the status bar icons to the default Jelly Bean icon set for the wifi, battery, and bluetooth. Also, change the notification panel to a black background with Jelly Bean blue accents. Works in PhabletUI and TabletUI.

2) JB-nominiapps-black-statusbar-icons: Same as option #1 plus removes the mini applications "arrow" that exists in the middle of the navigation bar (so that the TabletUI modification has more room for the soft keys). Works in PhabletUI and TableUI.

3) JB-nominiapps: Keep the default Touchwiz status bar and icon set. Only remove the mini applications "arrow".

All MicroDelta 4.1.2 Roms and modifications can be found here:
MicroDelta 4.1.2 File Repository
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 9th October 2013 at 09:03 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2013, 09:59 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,623 posts
Screenshots of PhabletUI and TabletUI:
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 29th September 2013 at 09:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spijkenisse
Thanks Meter: 49

402 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thx for this rom ,finally a update I used the last 3 month Expressorom , but now there is 4.1.2.
Until now no problems at all.
But will Playstore takes updates in the near future or not?
Thx

The Following User Says Thank You to smartidoos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2013, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,623 posts
The Play Store is just patched so it will not try to automatically update itself to a newer version without asking you first. All your applications and games should update without problems using the older version of the Play Store, although, you can install any version of the Play Store on top of the version that this ROM comes with. The thread is referenced above for newer versions of the Play Store that are also patched to not automatically update themselves.

You also have the option of downloading a current unpatched copy of the Play Store and it will go back to automatically updating itself to newer versions without asking.

Although, Google Play 3.4.7 gives Ti Backup the ability to attach or detach modified apk files to the market so I can choose what things I want to update or not. This way I can pin specific versions of apps or games in the Play Store.
Last edited by Tsjoklat; 9th April 2013 at 06:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsjoklat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spijkenisse

402 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat

The Play Store is just patched so it will not try to automatically update itself to a newer version without asking you first. All your applications and games should update without problems using the older version of the Play Store, although, you can install any version of the Play Store on top of the version that this ROM comes with. The thread is referenced above for newer versions of the Play Store that are also patched to not automatically update themselves.

You also have the option of downloading a current unpatched copy of the Play Store and it will go back to automatically updating itself to newer versions without asking.

Although, Google Play 3.4.7 gives Ti Backup the ability to attach or detach modified apk files to the market so I can choose what things I want to update or not. This way I can pin specific versions of apps or games in the Play Store.

Thx for the reply ,i know enough
11th April 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Spijkenisse

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartidoos

Thx for the reply ,i know enough

Rom still perfect after.
The Following User Says Thank You to smartidoos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2013, 06:00 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 205

601 posts
Donate to Me
Will this work for p3113?

Sent from my One X using xda premium
11th April 2013, 11:38 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

1,623 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inphamous36

Will this work for p3113?

It will work, but the infrared software will be missing. This weekend I should have some time to look at the differences between the P31XX firmwares.
12th April 2013, 03:09 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 205

601 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsjoklat

It will work, but the infrared software will be missing. This weekend I should have some time to look at the differences between the P31XX firmwares.

So if i don't use the IR blaster i could use the p3110 version of every ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread