Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"mm-qcamera-daemon" Battery Drain in Note 3

Tip us?

rasel800
Old
(Last edited by rasel800; 30th September 2013 at 10:20 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default "mm-qcamera-daemon" Battery Drain in Note 3

Guys,

This is killing me. Any idea?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380575449779.jpg
Views:	4484
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2293662

MohJee
Old
Thanks Meter 256
It has camera in the name so that may be a hint. Do you have any apps that use the camera? Try rebooting or factory resetting the phone.

XooLoo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
The same is happening to me... I have the same exact apps I had on my Note II & GS 4 as I now have on my Note 3, and I had never seen this process let alone seeing it drain the battery...

rasel800
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I realized something, my Yahoo Messenger Video plugin was crashing and probably causing the battery drain.
After uninstalling it, issue resolved. Hope it helps...
The Following User Says Thank You to rasel800 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XooLoo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks, rasel800. After I posted here last night, I too noticed the Yahoo Voice & Audio Plugin was running & even though I have had it forever I figured it shouldn't be running at the moment. It was the only thing I could think of that may have been contributing, so went ahead and uninstalled. Sure enough the problem went away. Now seeing your post confirms that which is great. Thank you!

Skyrichard
Old
(Last edited by Skyrichard; 13th October 2013 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: Fix world
Thanks Meter 11
Unhappy Mm-qcamera-deamon process...

This is what I think about (mm-qcamera-deamon), i have some 3 days with my note 3(Verizon wireless) the 2 first days everything works well but for any reason yesterday (mm-qcamera-deamon) drain my battery 60% maybe on 3 hours, i read some comments about the yahoo plug in, and
I uninstall it, but the (mm-....) follow drain my battery, the last app installed before this problem is "xda premium", i don't know why the app is not working for me on my nexus 10,and now note 3, the relation between (xda app and mm-qcamera-deamon) is because I try change the picture on my perfil from xda app, but picture never change....... Now... i don't want say the xda app is the problem, i think any app when used the camera or gallery can make mistakes and follow try make the task. And is why the device is hot and the battery is down........ Just i hope can you understand this message my English y pour but i try,

Pd. The xpd premium is not working for me.. Any idea?

Btbommer42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue. Mine started after I downloaded liteflow, of all things. Uninstalled, but noticed the daemon showed as running every time I start the camera, but stops when I turn it on. I'm hopeful it's normal now, but I'm skeptical. Nothing online or in this forum has shown a solution, so I'm really worried! Help!

XooLoo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btbommer42 View Post
I'm having the same issue. Mine started after I downloaded liteflow, of all things. Uninstalled, but noticed the daemon showed as running every time I start the camera, but stops when I turn it on. I'm hopeful it's normal now, but I'm skeptical. Nothing online or in this forum has shown a solution, so I'm really worried! Help!
Once I uninstalled the Yahoo! Messenger's voice/video plugin, this went away...

KLRSKIR
Old
(Last edited by KLRSKIR; 23rd October 2013 at 07:55 PM.) Reason: SOLUTION
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XooLoo View Post
Once I uninstalled the Yahoo! Messenger's voice/video plugin, this went away...
I have uninstalled the plugin and Yahoo messenger all together and the process contunies to run after several reboots. I have even uninstalled a few apps that were installed recently just to test. Any other ideas out there? The phone was fine for the first week and now this process is killing me.

Edit The issue did in fact stem from the Yahoo plug-in associated with Yahoo Messenger.

*After several hours the process was gone and the battery usage was back to normal.

alwynaman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any1 found a solution for this Camera prob.??? My note3 camera is playing up. ..only temp solution is reboot. !
Hopeing to get solution patch/update from Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app