Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unhappy Need Help WIll Pay For Solution..Bricked S4 ACtive

OP dg10464

9th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello,

I have a galaxy s4 active that will not flash. Here is the info I have. I rooted my unlocked phone. Superusered and busyboxed. I did a sd card swap from 8gb to 32gb. I tried reistalling the missing apps from titanium backup and root uninstaller. I restored all apps and phone reset and bricked. I have tried to flash various pit and tar and recovery files with odin 1.85 as well as 3.9 and kies. i believe there is a read write error. if i try to install pit file it gets stuck at set partion. I also troed to install these files from sd card through recovery. Nothing is working. ANy help that will help me fix my phone would be appreciated and compensated for through paypal.......Please help!!!!!! I mis
9th April 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10464

Hello,

I have a galaxy s4 active that will not flash. Here is the info I have. I rooted my unlocked phone. Superusered and busyboxed. I did a sd card swap from 8gb to 32gb. I tried reistalling the missing apps from titanium backup and root uninstaller. I restored all apps and phone reset and bricked. I have tried to flash various pit and tar and recovery files with odin 1.85 as well as 3.9 and kies. i believe there is a read write error. if i try to install pit file it gets stuck at set partion. I also troed to install these files from sd card through recovery. Nothing is working. ANy help that will help me fix my phone would be appreciated and compensated for through paypal.......Please help!!!!!! I mis

i537 or i9295?
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

i537 or i9295?

I537
9th April 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 10
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Donate to Me
More
in general i would say are you able to read any sd card on this Device from your recovery ?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to creasqui For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10464

I537

Have you tried flashing any of the OneClick packages? They should still work since you have a locked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Have you tried flashing any of the OneClick packages? They should still work since you have a locked bootloader.

No Devo7v, through my roughly 15 hours of internet research I have not come across a 1 click fix. Just when I thought I was getting good and learning how to move around the android system I bricked. I don't mind paying for my mistakes and learning from them, but I do definitely not want to have to purchase a new phone. I bought the active because it was compact with a descent size screen, nice hardware, remote control, hdmi to tv and I liked the waterproof dustproof feature that I never even tried because I don't trust how waterproof this phone really is. I think It is a great phone when up and running.

P.S. I really appreciate your quick knowledgable response.
10th April 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10464

No Devo7v, through my roughly 15 hours of internet research I have not come across a 1 click fix. Just when I thought I was getting good and learning how to move around the android system I bricked. I don't mind paying for my mistakes and learning from them, but I do definitely not want to have to purchase a new phone. I bought the active because it was compact with a descent size screen, nice hardware, remote control, hdmi to tv and I liked the waterproof dustproof feature that I never even tried because I don't trust how waterproof this phone really is. I think It is a great phone when up and running.

P.S. I really appreciate your quick knowledgable response.

I suggest choosing which firmware you would like to flash from the i537 Firmware Thread, download it, and flash it with Odin. If you're currently on ML2, your only option is to reflash ML2 since the ML2 bootloader will not allow you to downgrade to any other version. Before you do anything I would do a little research on Odin so you understand how it works. Far and away, most people that have bricked their phones did it by using Odin incorrectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by creasqui

in general i would say are you able to read any sd card on this Device from your recovery ?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Yes you are most likely correct. I just might be trying to read the wrong software from sd. The times I've tried I get authorization errors.
10th April 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

I suggest choosing which firmware you would like to flash from the i537 Firmware Thread, download it, and flash it with Odin. If you're currently on ML2, your only option is to re flash ML2 since the ML2 boot loader will not allow you to downgrade to any other version. Before you do anything I would do a little research on Odin so you understand how it works. Far and away, most people that have bricked their phones did it by using Odin incorrectly.

I will definitely read up on odin. My phone is currently at 2nd local cell repair store this week. I called them to have it ready for pick up if they cant fix it today, which I have my doubts. They usually are just phone salespeople that can do a typical flash or change a screen. So this evening or tomorrow morning I will give your recommendation a shot. And when I do and my phone is back up and running I will gladly donate funds to your site or directly to you. I will shoot you a pm tomorrow to touch base.....I should have went this route before I tried these useless cell phone stores around here. I'm sure this post will help many others too....
The Following User Says Thank You to dg10464 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10464

I will definitely read up on odin. My phone is currently at 2nd local cell repair store this week. I called them to have it ready for pick up if they cant fix it today, which I have my doubts. They usually are just phone salespeople that can do a typical flash or change a screen. So this evening or tomorrow morning I will give your recommendation a shot. And when I do and my phone is back up and running I will gladly donate funds to your site or directly to you. I will shoot you a pm tomorrow to touch base.....I should have went this route before I tried these useless cell phone stores around here. I'm sure this post will help many others too....

You don't need to worry about donating anything, I actually have never accepted donations. If you want to send some money, please send it to a charity you feel is worthwhile. If you really want to pay me back, please read as much as you can on everything and try to help others out when they ask questions or need help. The S4 Active is a small community, so we need as many people contributing to the forums as possible.

If you run into trouble with Odin or anything, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes