Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to disable data connection when no good signal is available?

Tip us?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default App to disable data connection when no good signal is available?

I had an extremely sudden battery drain while attending a function at the Hilton in Cambridge at the weekend. I started with the phone at 100% charge at 8pm. When I checked it 5 hours later it had drained to 2% (98% battery loss in 5 hours). I was able to take a quick look at BetterBatteryStats and the top two items on the partial wakelock list were the Nielsen mobile panel app and one of the Google NLP services, so I'm guessing that the phone was hunting for a data signal the whole time, and that was what was causing the battery drain.

Can anyone recommend an app that will disable data and/or wifi if no good signal is available, and perhaps re-check every 15 minutes? I remember reading about just such an app in the last couple of weeks, but can't remember what it was called and haven't had any luck googling it.

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post
I had an extremely sudden battery drain while attending a function at the Hilton in Cambridge at the weekend. I started with the phone at 100% charge at 8pm. When I checked it 5 hours later it had drained to 2% (98% battery loss in 5 hours). I was able to take a quick look at BetterBatteryStats and the top two items on the partial wakelock list were the Nielsen mobile panel app and one of the Google NLP services, so I'm guessing that the phone was hunting for a data signal the whole time, and that was what was causing the battery drain.

Can anyone recommend an app that will disable data and/or wifi if no good signal is available, and perhaps re-check every 15 minutes? I remember reading about just such an app in the last couple of weeks, but can't remember what it was called and haven't had any luck googling it.
Dial *#1234# and attach the screenshot. Tell me too if u use CUSTOM ROM or STOCK ROM and what android (4.2.2, 4.3 or 4.4.2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

maxsam4
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itm View Post

I guess, tasker can do that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you liked my post, then don't hesitate to hit the thanks button
My devices : I9500 (Galaxy S4) with cm 11, XT1033 (Moto G) with stock rom
Previous devices - Xperia Ray, Motorola Milestone

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Dial *#1234# and attach the screenshot. Tell me too if u use CUSTOM ROM or STOCK ROM and what android (4.2.2, 4.3 or 4.4.2)
The output from *#1234# is below:
AP: I9505XXUEML1
CP: I9505XXUEMJ5
CSC: I9505OLBEML1

I'm running Phoenix ROM v7.3, which I believe is based on stock Android 4.3.