Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 49,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Have Xperia Z, able to swap for S4

Tip us?

JknRich
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Have Xperia Z, able to swap for S4

Ok I need advice from the people who have used and are still using this phone. I have a Xperia Z atm and someone has said they would swap there S4, see I do not know much about the S4. So is this worth it, is there much point

duxxyuk
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JknRich View Post
Ok I need advice from the people who have used and are still using this phone. I have a Xperia Z atm and someone has said they would swap there S4, see I do not know much about the S4. So is this worth it, is there much point
Some things to consider :

For :

Everyday details:
Amoled as opposed to TFT (true blacks and supposed lower power consumption for dark screens)
S-Cover possibility : Intelligent cases that can unlock the phone on opening and show information through a small window.
Air View : allows one to wave a hand over the locked phone for it to show briefly the latest notifications.
Stuff that samsung put in their touchwiz. Coming from an xperia myself I found that sony have become boring with always the same look.
An excellent video player - I don't bother with anything else it even has very good DNLA.
the Camera software has nice touches over the sony I tested.
The software is updated regularly. I only got one upgrade on my old Xperia to android 4.1.

Against:
Perhaps the camera in the sony is better.
Not waterproof.
Not glass. the S4 plastic but isn't that supposed to be tougher ?
Samsung have put in place what appears to be an e-fuse to detect rooting... This is a dealbreaker for some but mine's stock and I'm happy with mine. Sony appear to be more leniant to those who root their devices.

Try the SGS4 - ya might like it. Ya might not
Running a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 on standard 4.4 and a Nexus 7 2012 on rooted standard 4.4.

magikmichael
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I swapped my Z for a S4. Dont regret it. Above reply sums it all quite up.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk