Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Print a thread?

Tip us?

enotar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Print a thread?

Maybe a stupid question but I cannot find the way to display a printable version of a thread or the Print thread button.
Is this possible on the forum?
The Following User Says Thank You to enotar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JanScheerer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
Maybe a stupid question but I cannot find the way to display a printable version of a thread or the Print thread button.
Is this possible on the forum?
Bump.

Sami Kabir
Old
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
Well you can first convert the thread into a PDF file.. then you can easily print it..

Here, use any of the following websites to convert the webpage into a PDF file.. there must be some software(s) available for this too but first give any of those websites a try...

- http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/
- http://www.htmlpdf.com/
- http://pdfmyurl.com/
- http://pdfcrowd.com/

► Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-i9070)
► ROM: Sami OS 1.2 ► Kernel: CoCore E Refresh (r09)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My Website | Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on Instagram

JanScheerer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir View Post
Well you can first convert the thread into a PDF file.. then you can easily print it..

Here, use any of the following websites to convert the webpage into a PDF file.. there must be some software(s) available for this too but first give any of those websites a try...
That is not what we (at least I) ask for. There used to be and is in other forums an option to display the thread with less graphics and other things and more posts per page - so that the PDF is not bloated, but almost "text only". That is what I miss and what I think to remember was possible in this forum earlier.

Regards,
Jan

Sami Kabir
Old
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanScheerer View Post
That is not what we (at least I) ask for. There used to be and is in other forums an option to display the thread with less graphics and other things and more posts per page - so that the PDF is not bloated, but almost "text only". That is what I miss and what I think to remember was possible in this forum earlier.

Regards,
Jan
Aha.. I just found out how to do that too!

Scroll down and switch to XDA 2010 theme... Now after the page reloads, see under Thread Tools and click on Show Printable Version.. Hope this helps you

(PS: To revert, just change back to the new XDA theme)

► Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-i9070)
► ROM: Sami OS 1.2 ► Kernel: CoCore E Refresh (r09)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My Website | Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sami Kabir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JanScheerer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Kabir View Post
Aha.. I just found out how to do that too!

Scroll down and switch to XDA 2010 theme... Now after the page reloads, see under Thread Tools and click on Show Printable Version.. Hope this helps you

(PS: To revert, just change back to the new XDA theme)
Thank you - that was what I was looking for!
/Jan

lebnan60
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Awesome! I've been searching for that print button and thought I was losing my mind. Thanks for finding the fix