Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alreader and sync

Tip us?

mikey williams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Alreader and sync

I am using a truly excellent ebook reader (free on the appstore) called Alreader.
The best of the bunch IMHO.
Just one thing I cannot get to work is the option to sync book position across devices (i have Alreader on my nook touch as well as nookhd).
If anyone can work out how to do it please let us know. The manual is currently in Russian only.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4

sandsofmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey williams View Post
I am using a truly excellent ebook reader (free on the appstore) called Alreader.
The best of the bunch IMHO.
Just one thing I cannot get to work is the option to sync book position across devices (i have Alreader on my nook touch as well as nookhd).
If anyone can work out how to do it please let us know. The manual is currently in Russian only.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4
Just a guess that you need to sign-in with the app so that it can sync across devices. If its the companies own account or google account I don't know, but sign-in should be from the app on both devices.

Or in other words the information has to be stored in the cloud somewhere. Device A syncs to the cloud after a change is recorded and device B hears the change so syncs with the cloud to get that change.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884 (Longest recorded uptime: 1,060 hours)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (Longest recorded uptime: 331 hours with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)