Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

service process gapps problem

Tip us?

17th_angel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Question service process gapps problem

Last friday i open youtube and a diologue box pops out that i have to update the services process gapps ( com.google.process.gapps ) to use youtube. It automatically redirect me to the store... it seems legit so i update.

Last time when i download the previous update for the service (like 6 months ago) i did the same thing: used link2sd to integrate the update into system, reset to cwm and wipe dalvik and cache. Then i used a script to odex the system... it worked without problems, but not this time...

It keep crushing a lot. It's making me crazy.

I've tried some solutions that i find in the web, like:

- Rebot and wipe dalvik - not work
- Try to erase the google acount - it cannot be done because "some apps are related to, but you can do a factory reset". Of course i wont, i have much data.

So, do you guys have any other solution?
I was going to make a nandroid backup and then install an old gapp that comes with the ROM i use.

It is safe? Or do you recomend something else.

keen36
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_angel View Post
Last friday i open youtube and a diologue box pops out that i have to update the services process gapps ( com.google.process.gapps ) to use youtube. It automatically redirect me to the store... it seems legit so i update.

Last time when i download the previous update for the service (like 6 months ago) i did the same thing: used link2sd to integrate the update into system, reset to cwm and wipe dalvik and cache. Then i used a script to odex the system... it worked without problems, but not this time...

It keep crushing a lot. It's making me crazy.

I've tried some solutions that i find in the web, like:

- Rebot and wipe dalvik - not work
- Try to erase the google acount - it cannot be done because "some apps are related to, but you can do a factory reset". Of course i wont, i have much data.

So, do you guys have any other solution?
I was going to make a nandroid backup and then install an old gapp that comes with the ROM i use.

It is safe? Or do you recomend something else.

if you have a working nandroid backup, it should be safe, no?

i had a similar problem; i integrated an update to "google play services", didn't wipe anything or odex anything. i had some problems with the search storage (note: i do not even know if it was caused by the update integration, maybe it was due to the gapps package i used), so i tried the same thing you tried: i uninstalled that app, rebooted, and flashed the same gapps package which i originally used when i installed the custom rom. everything went to hell afterwards (force close party). i ended up wiping and re-flashing the rom and another gapps package.

i learned my lesson: do not mess with core system apps, do not integrate their updates. also, it is not possible to revert that integration should you later wish to do so, except if you did a backup before, obviously.

i am sorry if i couldn't be of more help, i primarily wanted to warn other users.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
I would just uninstall Google Play Services and install it again from Play Store, this time just leave it on the /data partition or link it to SD with Link2SD.