Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle with no OS

Tip us?

sandbrother
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kindle with no OS

I have a kindle fire with no OS, it has TWRP recovery and I was trying to wipe android 4.0 from it and re install 6.2.2 but I accidentally deleted the OS and any hope of re installing it. I cannot communicate with the device whatsoever using kindle utility or Kindle fire unbricker. I played with the drivers for awhile in device manager to no avail. it currently sits in 'Disk Drives' as Amazon Kindle USB device but I cannot put anything on it because it it's showing up as a proper driver or w/e. when I turn it on I get what I believe is the firefirefire triangle and if I choose to I can access TWRP, but when I left it fully boot I get a black lighting. Any help is extremely appreciate. I did look around for a bit before posting my question and found nothing that fit my problem but if there is such a thread I'm sorry I posted an unnecessary one.

DJLamontagneIII
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3361

DONATE TO ME
have you tried mounting your kindle in twrp if you can then just flash a new ROM and you should be good to go

Sent from my CM9 LG G2X using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJLamontagneIII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandbrother
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I thought I already tried that but I went back and fiddle with a few settings and got access to my kindle, I went looking for the kindle 6.2.2 stock rom and couldn't find a download, I need to find a stock download because brother plans on selling this kindle, I'm only helping because I was the one who rooted and put android 4.0 on there.

TLR; Where can I get kindle fire stock rom at?

Bacondroid
Old
Thanks Meter 14
One does not simply delete an entire OS.... ;~;

b63
Old
Thanks Meter 458
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399072

namdnas
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacondroid View Post
One does not simply delete an entire OS.... ;~;
Lol one does simply delete an entire is. I made this same mistake and had to push a is to my kindle while in fastboot mode through adb. Took awhile for me to think of it but it finnally worked and I fixed it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

threed42
Old
(Last edited by threed42; 16th September 2012 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
OK, My command prompt can't find my kindle fire as listed devices. I really need help! Plus, there is no exclamation point (!) all it lists is the Android ADB thing. How do I get it to find the device

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed42 View Post
OK, My command prompt can't find my kindle fire as listed devices. I really need help! Plus, there is no exclamation point (!) all it lists is the Android ADB thing. How do I get it to find the device
This has literally nothing to do with the topic you posted in. Take a step back and do a little research before posting. You'll much likely be better off if you know what's going on.

I suggest you start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25884555

threed42
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet View Post
This has literally nothing to do with the topic you posted in. Take a step back and do a little research before posting. You'll much likely be better off if you know what's going on.

I suggest you start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25884555
I mean, I got there, but there is no OS installed on my kindle fire

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2372
Okay, I realize I tend to come off a little "jerky" sometimes, but I really am trying to help. When you hijack a thread that's several months old and post a problem that seemingly has nothing to do with the OP, only to later reveal that there is much more to your problem (even after being suggested to do it differently), it makes other people that would normally be willing to help, think twice about getting involved. Nobody wants to have to ask 50 different questions to get to the root of the problem. You need to realize that the people who would help, probably don't want to do more work than absolutely necessary. And you should be respectful of that if you want some quality assistance from the people who might be able to solve your problem.

So once again, and respectfully, I suggest you click on the link I gave you, read it, do any suggested research and follow the directions given in the post.