Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New successful root for Samsung Galaxy Centura from Straight talk!

Tip us?

dspike90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default New successful root for Samsung Galaxy Centura from Straight talk!

This is my first post and i basically joined to share what i found. By using Snappea and Kingo App i was able to root my Centura. By using snappea to get the drivers and Kingo to root it was successful. I will post the links below for people to try it.

Step 1. Download and install Snappea.

Step 2. Downlod and install Kingo App.

Step 3. Connect your phone and run Snappea in order to get all the correct drivers for the phone.

Step 4. After getting all the drivers open Kingo app and follow all the intstructions until rooted. It doesn't work right away you gotta keep retrying at a certain point until kingo gets it all the way rooted. It works just takes more than one go almost like troubleshooting on windows.

I had used poot before and it was limited now i have better access and hopeully this leads to new roms. Hope this is helpful to everyone thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dspike90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DrDaveXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default poot works too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspike90 View Post
I had used poot before and it was limited now i have better access and hopeully this leads to new roms. Hope this is helpful to everyone thank you.
I did lose root access after the recent Android update (to 4.0.4) but I just ran poot again and it worked fine for me.

jiggamiester
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So you have had no issues with the root so far?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jiggamiester
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did root it successfully but, it's more successful when you put superuser, root checker, and ministro installed first before you root with Poot it's more successful the first or second time but after rooting check with the root checker first because it activates the root and superuser. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app