Speck CandyShell grip case not worth it

OP thatbimmerkid

6th April 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 17

91 posts
More
its been 24 hours since i bought the Speck CandyShell grip case for the ONE M8, and its already scratched up in the back. it does not add bulk to the phone but the back looks bad now. if you are considering this case i would recommend to look for another one. Specially for the price. here is a mini video i did about it.. just saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDON...xfW2bOn1SuoSJA
The Following User Says Thank You to thatbimmerkid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag The City of Salt
Thanks Meter: 62

256 posts
More
We hand Speck CandyShells out with all our Corp owned iPhones and the black shells look like hell after maybe a week. The white ones will hold up better but only because it's harder to see the scratches.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 17

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aygriffith

We hand Speck CandyShells out with all our Corp owned iPhones and the black shells look like hell after maybe a week. The white ones will hold up better but only because it's harder to see the scratches.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I just don't get why Speck does not change the materials ...
6th April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #4  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 41

90 posts
More
you might want to change the title from CandyShell Grip to just CandyShell. I thought you were referring to the other ones. But yeah the Speck cases hold up good, but the back looks like hell. I have one on my LG G2 and was going to try one for the M8.
6th April 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 187

3,348 posts
More
Just don't like how slippery they are if your hands are wet/sweaty, hard to get a good grip on the phone. I'm interested in looking at the Speck Grip Candyshell case but don't think there is any yet for this device? I have the incipio duo case which is great but again slick on the back so not a good gripe when hands are a bit wet/sweaty. Only grip on this "flashy" looking cases.
6th April 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag The City of Salt
Thanks Meter: 62

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatbimmerkid

I just don't get why Speck does not change the materials ...

The richest part is I saw an Incipio case yesterday with the same semi gloss plastic back and it came with a screen protector for the back of the Incipio case. When your case needs a screen protector wrap to remain in good condition I think it's time to move to another material.

But on the flip side, those particular cases to take a beating. All our users that keep their phones in them never seem to come back with broken phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread