Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Boot Lopp + No Power Button

OP DesperadoX93

5th April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
Hey guys, I just got the older HTC One S (C2) from my sister , to play a bit around.

I rooted, unlocked without any Problem, but after flashing it just stuck in a bootloop . And I can't even escape.
Unfortunately the power button is broken and i can barely turn it on by making contact with a pin needle (works rather badly)
ADB won't find my device, and even pressing all buttons the same time won't change a thing.

Anybody got an idea or some other plan?
5th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperadoX93

Hey guys, I just got the older HTC One S (C2) from my sister , to play a bit around.

I rooted, unlocked without any Problem, but after flashing it just stuck in a bootloop . And I can't even escape.
Unfortunately the power button is broken and i can barely turn it on by making contact with a pin needle (works rather badly)
ADB won't find my device, and even pressing all buttons the same time won't change a thing.

Anybody got an idea or some other plan?

Beg your sister for not doing to you what you did to her phone...

Your phone will power of by pressing "Power" for 10-15seconds. Is the button itself GONE? How? Once powered of press or in your case "jumper" the "power button + Vol down" at the same time. You can release power when display turns on and just keeping "Vol down" pressed will bring you into bootloader.

You will have to try getting to fastboot. Or pay 40€ for a bootloader repair. There is no other way :/ for

As you did not tell anything about S-OFF you're probably S-ON. So you may be forgot to flash the kernel???
If flashing means you flashed a custom rom. Bootloader is working in every case.

May you post some more infos?

-Firmware / HBoot
-Recovery version
-rom/KERNEL installed
-any other modifications?

Did you face any issiues while flashing?
Last edited by LS.xD; 5th April 2014 at 08:58 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread