Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot Lopp + No Power Button

Tip us?

DesperadoX93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Boot Lopp + No Power Button

Hey guys, I just got the older HTC One S (C2) from my sister , to play a bit around.

I rooted, unlocked without any Problem, but after flashing it just stuck in a bootloop . And I can't even escape.
Unfortunately the power button is broken and i can barely turn it on by making contact with a pin needle (works rather badly)
ADB won't find my device, and even pressing all buttons the same time won't change a thing.

Anybody got an idea or some other plan?

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 5th April 2014 at 08:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperadoX93 View Post
Hey guys, I just got the older HTC One S (C2) from my sister , to play a bit around.

I rooted, unlocked without any Problem, but after flashing it just stuck in a bootloop . And I can't even escape.
Unfortunately the power button is broken and i can barely turn it on by making contact with a pin needle (works rather badly)
ADB won't find my device, and even pressing all buttons the same time won't change a thing.

Anybody got an idea or some other plan?

Beg your sister for not doing to you what you did to her phone...

Your phone will power of by pressing "Power" for 10-15seconds. Is the button itself GONE? How? Once powered of press or in your case "jumper" the "power button + Vol down" at the same time. You can release power when display turns on and just keeping "Vol down" pressed will bring you into bootloader.

You will have to try getting to fastboot. Or pay 40€ for a bootloader repair. There is no other way :/ for

As you did not tell anything about S-OFF you're probably S-ON. So you may be forgot to flash the kernel???
If flashing means you flashed a custom rom. Bootloader is working in every case.

May you post some more infos?

-Firmware / HBoot
-Recovery version
-rom/KERNEL installed
-any other modifications?

Did you face any issiues while flashing?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...