Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Putting music on TS

Tip us?

Gino R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Putting music on TS

Could someone give me an idea the easiest way to load music onto my Truesmart? Thanks for any help I can get on this.. Gene

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Patch it first or install Dees BT ROM.

Connect it to your PC and select mass storage mode.

Copy music to the "Music" folder on your device
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

porzerwolle
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You can use "Airdroid" to copy your files (music, pics, vids) wirelessly to your TS.

Airdroid is available in PlayStore. I patched my TS with Gapps so I have the store on my device.

cdrom1028
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Patch it first or install Dees BT ROM.

Connect it to your PC and select mass storage mode.

Copy music to the "Music" folder on your device
The only thing I can add to this is if you have added the SDCARD.
I use RDIO, On the login screen you can point the storage to a custom location, like maybe a folder on the sdcard..
I have over 1000 songs synced from Rdio plus all my Podcasts that are synced automatically using BeyondPod. wether you
manage your own stuff (drag and drop over usb) our use a service (RDIO, Spotify, Play Music, etc) I recommend you consider the extra storage.
Google Nexus 5 [hammerhead] | Rom: Stock KOT49H + Xposed | Recovery: TWRP-2.7.0.0-hammerhead
Nexus 7 2013 LTE [deb] | Rom: KRT16S + Xposed | Recovery: TWRP-2.7.0.0-deb
Nexus 7 [grouper] | Rom: Stock KOT49H + Xposed | Recovery: TWRP-2.7.0.0-Grouper
Omate TrueSmart [x201] | Rom: Operative 20140318 | Recovery: TWRP-2.7.0.0-omatesmartwatch2

sickysickybrah
Old
(Last edited by sickysickybrah; 10th April 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I don't have bluetooth on my computer, so I tried airdroid. I never had a problem with airdroid on my HP touchpad tablet, but for some reason I could not get it to load to my truesmart. I ended up paying under $2 for wifi file transfer pro. The interface is easy to use and I copied about 12GB of music to my truesmart in about an hour over my wifi network.

Len Meahan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Another wireless option (free)

I use ES File Explorer to move all kinds of files all over the place wirelessly, whether on computers on my Wifi network (LAN) or in the cloud.

Jarocks
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
I use Media Monkey and USB Mass Storage mode (mtp is buggy and unreliable). Also Spotify in offline mode works great, or online mode if you have 3G and get good reception in your area.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk