Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What are rooted/s-off Verizon Ones going for?

Tip us?

Tangent_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default What are rooted/s-off Verizon Ones going for?

Considering selling my One fairly soon and was wondering what the going rate is. Since as far as I know there isn't a current exploit I thought maybe being rooted/s-off might be worth something...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent_ View Post
Considering selling my One fairly soon and was wondering what the going rate is. Since as far as I know there isn't a current exploit I thought maybe being rooted/s-off might be worth something...

I think there's one on Swappa right around $325 when I checked a few days ago. Not sure if it sold or not. I'd bet you can get around $300 before they take out their fees. You'll probably be able to get more on Craigslist depending on where you're located.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired

coachcrey
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent_ View Post

I got mine about 2 months ago I think I paid 320 mine wasn't rooted either. I bet your right though I'm sure other people would pay top dollar for a rooted one!

Dark Jedi
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Don't see them going for a premium price as someone has already said they have a root exploit for 4.4 2 but he won't release it till Aug. So not like the phone is locked down forever. But there are idiots that will always pay more for something

KnightWatchman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I picked mine up for $350 off Craigslist in LA. They're all going for around $350 here rooted or not. Highest I saw was 360, lowest 300.

BygSii
Old
(Last edited by BygSii; 31st March 2014 at 12:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Not much since the price of them dropped from $599 to $499. From what I see, an HTC One in good shape, maybe with a few extra accessories, can get you $400 or a little more or a little less, depending on if you have the original box/any scratches/phone and accessories in their packaging. Surprisingly I've seen HTC One Maxxs sell for $450 for ones that are in near perfect shape. With the taxes and fees that ebay and paypal add to the sellers, if you sold an HTC One for $400, you would really only see about $350 of that. I think it's a better deal if you can sell one locally, to either a friend or family member, possibly through friends on Facebook. Something that I am considering doing to my HTC One, so that I can upgrade to the HTC Maxx.

I have an HTC One that was S offed by Sonic with a java card. I have not seen any posted. I imagine that if I labeled it as " Being able to work on almost any carrier." I could probably fetch up to $450 or more for mine. With the right knowledge and understanding on this phone with it being S off / Unlocked / Rooted it really could work on any carrier. straight talk, AT&T, page plus, Viaero, Tmobile, and sprint, since I believe that it is also a worldwide phone that has all of the GSM and CDMA bands inside of it.

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I didnt notice modded phones going for more. Thats part of the android experience learning the ins and outs of a new device.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,173
exploit was released for 4.4.2 temp root with weaksauce firewater to finish it off.

this combo works just fine now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

Tigerstown
Old
Thanks Meter 478
I sold mine last Wednesday for 225. I had it posted only 25 mins too.

I only paid 50 bucks on Verizon launch day too with best buy matching newegg
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
sent from my 4.1ghz 8 core AMD unlocked fx black editon beast machine running win8.1/ubuntu12.04