[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:
Galaxy S5 Unified (klte): International, Canada, Sprint, TMO

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/klte

Notice: ATT and VZW are locked. You must unlock them to be able to flash a recovery

special credits to @PlayfulGod for his unified device tree
https://github.com/playfulgod

XDA:DevDB Information
[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
Phil3759

Version Information

Created 2014-04-04
Last Updated 2014-04-16

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
You did notice that there was a issue with internal storage right?? It was suggested I could fix using a init file but I've not had a chance to work on it yet. If you happen to have the same issue and fix it, please share and let me know what you did. ;)

Reactions: Phil3759

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
You did notice that there was a issue with internal storage right?? It was suggested I could fix using a init file but I've not had a chance to work on it yet. If you happen to have the same issue and fix it, please share and let me know what you did. ;)

ups, sorry, I did not notice
Link to the exact issue?
Sure if I find a fix I will share all sources. That's what I always do now, outside the touch code

Reactions: cammi123 and 6pudu5

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
ups, sorry, I did not notice
Link to the exact issue?
Sure if I find a fix I will share all sources. That's what I always do now, outside the touch code

not sure of the source of the issue, but its internal sd/storage is read only. So no backups can be made to internal storage. Restoring data works fine tho.

TWRP doesnt have this issue tho, so I think its in the device repo and prolly something simple. lol

Also this is only known to work with the G900F so far. The kernel src I have on github is technically for the G900D, but its working in CWM. Just seems to be missing model specific dts files.

Reactions: cammi123

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
not sure of the source of the issue, but its internal sd/storage is read only. So no backups can be made to internal storage. Restoring data works fine tho.

TWRP doesnt have this issue tho, so I think its in the device repo and prolly something simple. lol

Also this is only known to work with the G900F so far. The kernel src I have on github is technically for the G900D, but its working in CWM. Just seems to be missing model specific dts files.

Not having the device makes it a too long debug process. Also, seems few users interested in debugging it
About write to sdcard, it is probably a selinux permission issue. At least that's what I most often encountred
I looked at your twrp sources. They use custom selinux permission files

Well, in fact they are using Samsung enforced permissions and they run this at boot:
Code:
toolbox setenforce permissive

You'll have to mount /system for that than unmount it as we have still no setenforce in busybox (they are in Pruvot custom busybox repo though)

Can you try this:
  • ensure you are not using the recovery.fstab file in your device tree but the fstab.qcom
  • adb shell:
Code:
mount /system
/system/bin/toolbox setenforce permissive

See if you can now access internal storage in write mode

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Not having the device makes it a too long debug process. Also, seems few users interested in debugging it
About write to sdcard, it is probably a selinux permission issue. At least that's what I most often encountred
I looked at your twrp sources. They use custom selinux permission files

Well, in fact they are using Samsung enforced permissions and they run this at boot:
Code:
toolbox setenforce permissive

You'll have to mount /system for that than unmount it as we have still no setenforce in busybox (they are in Pruvot custom busybox repo though)

Can you try this:

See if you can now access internal storage in write mode
Agreed, debugging w/o the device is a pita. lol
I seen that as well and had the tester try to set it. Not sure if they mounted system first, so will have them try it again to make sure. If they did, it didnt help.

I will have to check and see which fstab I have it using too. When I hear from my tester I will test all your suggestions. And thanks.

Its using the fstab.qcom.

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Agreed, debugging w/o the device is a pita. lol
I seen that as well and had the tester try to set it. Not sure if they mounted system first, so will have them try it again to make sure. If they did, it didnt help.

I will have to check and see which fstab I have it using too. When I hear from my tester I will test all your suggestions. And thanks.

Its using the fstab.qcom.

Oh, you're also doing it blindly :D
It can be possible, but not with such a non existing feedback from users

If you think testers are just able to boot and check, try to add the needed lines to postrecoveryboot.sh (inherited from msm8960-common/recovery)
Code:
mount [BLKID] /system
umount /system

However, I think you need the blkid, not sure the path symlink to partition will work
You cannot just make a mount /system from postrecoveryboot.sh as the fstab file is not yet generated by recovery at that level

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Oh, you're also doing it blindly :D
It can be possible, but not with such a non existing feedback from users

If you think testers are just able to boot and check, try to add the needed lines to postrecoveryboot.sh (inherited from msm8960-common/recovery)
Code:
mount [BLKID] /system
umount /system

However, I think you need the blkid, not sure the path symlink to partition will work
You cannot just make a mount /system from postrecoveryboot.sh as the fstab file is not yet generated by recovery at that level
I will give that a try. thanks ;)

img built and linked to tester(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil3759

daibaron

Jan 9, 2008
Philz,

Thank You for all you did.
Every time i'm buying a new phone, i have the pleasure to get your recovery "ready to install".

Great work, great support.

leoaudio13

Feb 24, 2010
Somewhere on Earth
Update Alpha 6.26.1
- proper repack on stock kernel
- selinux permissive hack

Download: (flash in odin)
http://d-h.st/B20

The aim is to only see if it boots
If it boots, we're ready to fix any bugs and make it stable

Gahhh! Ive been waiting for yours to test. Now im in Cambodia on business. Will test when im bak by 2mo :) tks again Philz

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Galaxy S5 Unified (klte): International, Canada, Sprint, TMO

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/klte

Notice: ATT and VZW are locked. You must unlock them to be able to flash a recovery

special credits to @PlayfulGod for his unified device tree
    https://github.com/playfulgod

XDA:DevDB Information
    [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    Phil3759

Version Information

Created 2014-04-04
    Last Updated 2014-04-16
    6.57.8 uploaded to goo

However, their servers have issue to refresh for now
    Update 6.26.6
    Check main thread for change log

It can simplify flashing for people having a hard time to have the recovery stick after flashing it
    The root on exit bug was also affecting the "fix recovery" on exit

- In odin, untick reboot
    - Flash in odin
    - when done, reboot into recovery directly, do not let it boot into rom
    - from recovery, reboot to system
    - it will prompt to fix root and recovery
    - always answer yes to questions

done
    • add option to directly parse time_daemon data files
      this gives an alternative to failed load of time_daemon for some devices like klte
    • refresh current time in menu header after time daemon fixes
    • fix first passkey prompt screen did not show proper background under some circumstances

Download temp link: http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=37658#files

Please try the new option to directly parse time daemon data files
    It should fix your time settings