Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New HTC m8 Question

Tip us?

magestic1995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Default [Q] New HTC m8 Question

Hey guys so I just got a new M8 through ATT. I was wondering since they shipped the phone to me can I just activate the new sim card and put it in the phone no problems? Or do I need to Activate the phone as well. I purchased and had it shipped from ATT. Just wondering since I never had to activate my nexus 4 and don't remember for my LG G2.

Thanks for the help!
Carrier:T-Mobile
Devices:
Primary: LG G2 (801)
Rom: -
Secondary: Nexus 4 (Mako)
Old: Mytouch 4g (HTC Glacier)
The Following User Says Thank You to magestic1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WinterApocalypse
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by magestic1995 View Post
Hey guys so I just got a new M8 through ATT. I was wondering since they shipped the phone to me can I just activate the new sim card and put it in the phone no problems? Or do I need to Activate the phone as well. I purchased and had it shipped from ATT. Just wondering since I never had to activate my nexus 4 and don't remember for my LG G2.

Thanks for the help!
As long as the sim you have is compatible with the carrier you ordered from, and your sim is currently working, you won't have any problem just putting it into a new phone.

That being said, it needs to be the right size simcard. The One M8 using a NanoSim. If your current sim is not a nanosim you'll need to go into the store and have them transfer your account information onto a new sim (this is usually done for free).
Current:
HTC One M8

Previous:
Motorola Moto X
HTC One M7
HTC One X
HTC Desire HD
HTC Desire Z

magestic1995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterApocalypse View Post
As long as the sim you have is compatible with the carrier you ordered from, and your sim is currently working, you won't have any problem just putting it into a new phone.

That being said, it needs to be the right size simcard. The One M8 using a NanoSim. If your current sim is not a nanosim you'll need to go into the store and have them transfer your account information onto a new sim (this is usually done for free).
Thanks the phone came with a new sim card!
Devices:

WinterApocalypse
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by magestic1995 View Post
Thanks the phone came with a new sim card!
Depending on how your provider works, booting up the M8 with the new sim should deactivate your old sim if they're tied to the same number. If that's not the case, you'll likely have to transfer your account to the new sim over the phone or in store.
Current:
HTC One M8

Previous:
Motorola Moto X
HTC One M7
HTC One X
HTC Desire HD
HTC Desire Z

magestic1995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterApocalypse View Post
Depending on how your provider works, booting up the M8 with the new sim should deactivate your old sim if they're tied to the same number. If that's not the case, you'll likely have to transfer your account to the new sim over the phone or in store.
Yeah I knew that. Just had to make sure there wasnt some sort of activating the phone as for some reason.
Thanks!
Devices:
The Following User Says Thank You to magestic1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]