Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPE on Verizon M8

OP chriskader

7th April 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malvern
Thanks Meter: 48

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good day all,

I was able to modify a GPE ROM to work on the Verizon M8. I would love help from more knowledgeable members to maybe get this thing to take off. But I have a few questions:

1. What forum should it go in?
2. Would it be worth posting?

Working:

Boots
Bluetooth

Not Working:

Wifi
3G/4G/LTE

Thanks!
Last edited by chriskader; 7th April 2014 at 08:38 PM.
7th April 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,343

4,387 posts
Donate to Me
More
It would go into Android development, you could add WIP to the title name if you post it. Maybe some of the devs can help getting data to work, does calls/sms work?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malvern

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Calls and SMS do not work. I currently have no cellular connectivity.
7th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

4,387 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok you would add that to the not working list, how is GPS?

7th April 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,002

2,658 posts
Donate to Me
Love to see threads like this

For the data/cell, move over the libril* file(s) in /system/lib from our Verizon stock ROM to the GPE ROM (do one at a time) and see if that fixes the issue with data. Also may want to verify the build.prop references the appropriate RIL ffilename if different from in GPE build.prop.

For SMS/MMS, try moving the *apns* files from /system/etc on our Verizon stock rom to GPE and again see if that fixes the SMS/MMS issue. If that doesn't resolve it, it's probably buried in the framework-res.apk under /xml/. You could try extracting the contents of the Verizon framework-res.apk and simply copy over the /xml/apns.xml into the GPE framework-res.apk.

Biggest advice I can give you is only move and test 1 file at a time. Sounds Tedious but it will save you sooo much time in the long run.

Good to see you working on this
The Following User Says Thank You to myn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

4,387 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myn

For the data/cell, move over the libril* file(s) in /system/lib from our Verizon stock ROM to the GPE ROM (do one at a time) and see if that fixes the issue with data. Also may want to verify the build.prop references the appropriate RIL ffilename if different from in GPE build.prop.

For SMS/MMS, try moving the *apns* files from /system/etc on our Verizon stock rom to GPE and again see if that fixes the SMS/MMS issue. If that doesn't resolve it, it's probably buried in the framework-res.apk under /xml/. You could try extracting the contents of the Verizon framework-res.apk and simply copy over the /xml/apns.xml into the GPE framework-res.apk.

Biggest advice I can give you is only move and test 1 file at a time. Sounds Tedious but it will save you sooo much time in the long run.

Awesome to see you here myn, the WIP thread has been posted in Android Development but if you don't mind I copied this post and pasted it in the other thread. Thanks for the advice really am looking forward to this awesome rom

8th April 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malvern

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myn

Can I pull all the files and then push them one at a time without having to restart?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread