Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick glance?

Tip us?
 
jayochs
Old
#1  
jayochs's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,722
Posts: 8,014
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central NJ
Default Quick glance?

So i'm looking over the PDF manual, and i don't see a mention of quick glance, which was an air gesture motion from the GS4 i loved. you just waved yuor hand over the phone when screen was off, and the IR would pick it up, and quickly display the time and any notifications. it was awesome because it worked at night in the dark, and i could just wave my hand over the night stand and see what time it was.

i don't see any mention of that feature coming back to the S5. anyone know?
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
 


Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G
 
Mithrandir007
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 385
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rixensart, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
So i'm looking over the PDF manual, and i don't see a mention of quick glance, which was an air gesture motion from the GS4 i loved. you just waved yuor hand over the phone when screen was off, and the IR would pick it up, and quickly display the time and any notifications. it was awesome because it worked at night in the dark, and i could just wave my hand over the night stand and see what time it was.

i don't see any mention of that feature coming back to the S5. anyone know?
I'm also wondering where that setting is, I can't find it anywhere in the settings menu.

It's something I used quite a lot...
Previous Phones :
- HTC P3600 - WM 6.0
- HTC HD2 - Dual Boot Paranoid Android JB & Windows Phone 7.8
- Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB Blue - (Dual boot Omega + PA)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500 Octa) Black (Omega + PA)


Current Phone : Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900F) + Sandisk 128GB microSD Class 10
Current ROM : Omega 7.0

Current Tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32Gb + 128 GB microSD Class 10
Current ROM : Stock (4.4.2)

Pictures: Nikon D90 vs S4 i9500 - S5 pics - More S5 pics
 
Markieb
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas City Ks

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir007 View Post
I'm also wondering where that setting is, I can't find it anywhere in the settings menu.

It's something I used quite a lot...
It took me awhile to find and actually I found it by accident. It but its deeply hidden here Settings>Accessibility>Dexterity and Interaction You should see Air Wake Up there . I turned it on for a couple hours and you'll notice it eating your battery like a fat kid going to town on chocolate cake
The Following User Says Thank You to Markieb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Goldie
Old
#4  
Goldie's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16,417
Posts: 7,799
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Air wakeup is different to Quick Glance. Glance has its own anim etc and you can change what it shows. It should be in the next version of alliance if i remember

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer
 
Markieb
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas City Ks

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Air wakeup is different to Quick Glance. Glance has its own anim etc and you can change what it shows. It should be in the next version of alliance if i remember

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Excuse me you are correct. Nonetheless Air Wakeup could be a pacifier for the time being.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes