Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For anyone that got a Dot View Case

Tip us?

Supacat
Old
(Last edited by Supacat; 6th April 2014 at 09:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default For anyone that got a Dot View Case

What do you think? I know that we are basically trading functionality for retro coolness with some usefulness. Taking a picture in landscape stinks but I was willing to live with it as it is the first case I ever used that actually is useful.

The one ish I am having that I wanted to check with others on is when I open the case it always turns on the device. However, I cant say the same is consistent on closing it. It seems like the magnet might not be strong enough or the lid heavy enough but it requires me at times to press on where the magnet is to shut off the device. I think this might be due to the lid getting a little misshaped when its flipped behind when reading. I would prefer not having to think about it and when the case is closed the device always will turn off.

Electronic Punk
Old
Thanks Meter 767

DONATE TO ME
Not losing any functionality as far as I know, when I close the cover on my current case its just off.

Dot case arrives tuesday
HTC One (M8) running Android Revolution HD on 4GEE

Formerly: One (M7), 8X, One X, Sensation, Desire S, HD2, Touch HD, TyTN II, MTeoR

Supacat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk View Post
Not losing any functionality as far as I know, when I close the cover on my current case its just off.

Dot case arrives Tuesday
So you have one or it arrives Tuesday?

Loss of functionality statement refers to the same thing that happens to all phones with this flip style case. It makes it more difficult to take landscape pictures and one handed use. Like said ok with giving that up just want the case to work. Just trying to find out if I had a dud. Guess I will find out once more people get them.

Electronic Punk
Old
Thanks Meter 767

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
So you have one or it arrives Tuesday?

Loss of functionality statement refers to the same thing that happens to all phones with this flip style case. It makes it more difficult to take landscape pictures and one handed use. Like said ok with giving that up just want the case to work. Just trying to find out if I had a dud. Guess I will find out once more people get them.
Well I have the standard flip case that has a magnet that turns the device on and off, pretty sure thats still in the flipcase.

My dot case arrives tuesday and I am far too excited about that.

Formerly: One (M7), 8X, One X, Sensation, Desire S, HD2, Touch HD, TyTN II, MTeoR

Supacat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk View Post
My dot case arrives tuesday and I am far too excited about that.
As I was when BestBuy said it was there for me to pick up. They said that that was the only one they got. Don't understand why they made so few. It does look beautiful!

faded03cobra
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I like the dot case, but not for everyday use. I just put a zagg glass on my phone and now the dot case will not close all the way.

agarp
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I am using the dot view case and I dont have the issue you mentioned. My phones display goes off when the cover touches the screen.
The manual of the dot view case states that ticker screen protectors might affect the dot view cases finger gesture abilities.
PS I do not have a screen protector on mine yet
Current Device - hTC One M8
Rom - Stock

Crazypinoy9
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarp View Post
I am using the dot view case and I dont have the issue you mentioned. My phones display goes off when the cover touches the screen.
The manual of the dot view case states that ticker screen protectors might affect the dot view cases finger gesture abilities.
PS I do not have a screen protector on mine yet
I have a nilkin tempered glass protector on mine and gestures with the dot case haven't been affected.

59fifty1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I love mine! I wish that you could control music with the cover on it. That's my only gripe. I like to use my phone as a music player at work to make my day go by a little quicker. I wonder if that's possible with an update....

Electronic Punk
Old
Thanks Meter 767

DONATE TO ME
Bah, case just got delayed a week, seems they completely underestimated the demand.