Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Trying to port a rom to my device, need some help.

5th April 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179

550 posts
More
Hello all, Im in the process of learning how to build a rom from source, I've got a good Xubuntu setup running, got my android enviroment setup, and the source downloaded, now im having problems figuring out how to extract all the files need from my device (flo) to start building.

I was wondering if anyone out there with the knowladge had any time to spare to a hungry mind. I've googled a few pages, and videos, but none of them are working. Well, hopfully someone out there has the time, and is bored enough.
5th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

550 posts
More
anybody? maybe point me in the right direction?
5th April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3,434

1,437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromendous

anybody? maybe point me in the right direction?

Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.
5th April 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918

Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source
5th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York

1,437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source

Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

The Following User Says Thank You to a2441918 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918

Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

thanks for the help, however, i guess im just not experienced enough to know what to do, i would probably need someone to help guide me through this, unless someone is willing to help me, i think im just gonna call it a quits, thanks for the help though
5th April 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York

1,437 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks for the help, however, i guess im just not experienced enough to know what to do, i would probably need someone to help guide me through this, unless someone is willing to help me, i think im just gonna call it a quits, thanks for the help though

If you are really interested, ping me. I will give u my teamviewer id and password. Maybe u can see a hands on build of carbon rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread