[Q] Watching digital TV on my Nexus 7 (2013)
I read this thread entirely: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1841759
But this method is no more valid for Kitkat, because Google has removed the module support in the kernel.
I found another solution: recompiling my own kernel.
I followed this excellent tuto: http://pete.akeo.ie/2013/10/compilin...n-android.html
=> disable module support
=> enable DVB-T
=> => include my DVB-T stick in the kernel
and I finally got a boot.img file that boots my Nexus 7 (2013).
- plugged my DVB-T stick
- execute the startdvb script (which creates the symlinks needed, and modifies the permissions)
- install droidtv apk (there is a lot of versions of this apk on the net). All are versionned 2.0, but signatures are differents
- start tuning the tv channels => it is working
But then, I still get a blank screen in droidtv.
I select a tv channel, but ... no image.
I tried this:
- tune to a channel inside droidtv (the green led of the DVB-T stick become steady ON)
- switch to VLC (or MX Player), and enter a network stream:
neither is working.
In fact, I remarked that when I put droidtv in the background (to switch to VLC or MX Player), the green led of my DVB-T stick switch OFF. This could explain why I get no image inside VLC (or MX Player).
I don't understand how it could have worked for others.
I am worry to have struggled so much to recompile a kernel, to have found a DVB-T stick which driver is in the 3.4.0 flo kernel sources, all that to arrive at the conclusion that droidtv is not working.
Could someone help me?