Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 44,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AnyOne Have LTE Working?????

Tip us?

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] AnyOne Have LTE Working?????

Has anyone confirmed that Lte is working on this device. I know it has Lte bands and some of the custom roms have settings for this . I currently have my APN set to lte on beanstalk v2. Im thinking of switching to att since my phone is unlocked . I have heard that i should try flashing a skyrocket rom and radio to get this function working. If anyone can confirm that would be great. I would like to know before i switch. Also has anyone use this device with att ? If so how are youre download speeds with HSPA+? Thanks

magda623
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave View Post
Has anyone confirmed that Lte is working on this device. I know it has Lte bands and some of the custom roms have settings for this . I currently have my APN set to lte on beanstalk v2. Im thinking of switching to att since my phone is unlocked . I have heard that i should try flashing a skyrocket rom and radio to get this function working. If anyone can confirm that would be great. I would like to know before i switch. Also has anyone use this device with att ? If so how are youre download speeds with HSPA+? Thanks
I d/l'ed soundofmath's ATT port of Dirty Unicorns. Does not seem to function. My 4G never changes to LTE even know there is a setting that specifically defines either a 4G or LTE icon. I live in Phoenix, where LTE is everywhere. So IDK if I can confirm. D/L speed picked up a little on speedtest.net so maybe it is. I'm using the APN for the LTE network but its spotty on connection. So I just stick with the TMO one til I need the speed.

cgibbons51
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This phone doesn't have LTE. Those options are just there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cgibbons51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JesusWazBlack
Old
Thanks Meter 348
this phone does not have lte and never will.
The Following User Says Thank You to JesusWazBlack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Arrow lte bands on hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibbons51 View Post
This phone doesn't have LTE. Those options are just there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
if you type *#2263# in the dialer it does so have lte bands. you might want to look into it. so lte is possible

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Default lte bands on hercules

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]if you type *#2263# in the dialer it does so have lte bands. you might want to look into it. so lte is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusWazBlack View Post
when this phone was realeeased it was during talks of tmobile merger with att. it has the hardware for lte so it is possible. type *#2263# in your dialer and see for yourself. i unlocked this phone and i am on att and when i get lte working ill post ss. so to say it aint possible would be true if it didnt have the bands but it does. please tell me why it isnt possible

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusWazBlack View Post
sorry but you are wrong it does have lte bands. *#2263# shows lte bands which were left in the phone im assuming since the skyrocket is lte and basiclly hercules twin brother from another carrier.

spirodave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by magda623 View Post
I d/l'ed soundofmath's ATT port of Dirty Unicorns. Does not seem to function. My 4G never changes to LTE even know there is a setting that specifically defines either a 4G or LTE icon. I live in Phoenix, where LTE is everywhere. So IDK if I can confirm. D/L speed picked up a little on speedtest.net so maybe it is. I'm using the APN for the LTE network but its spotty on connection. So I just stick with the TMO one til I need the speed.
i put my phone on att and am flashing the skyrocket radio . since skyrocket is lte i am pretty sure i should be able to get it working. most people dont know this phone has lte bands. they were too lazy to remove them. lte should only work when using this phone on att. i will keep u posted.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
I'll just add this....if lte were possible on this phone, I think devs would have had it working a long time ago.

But if someone does figure it out.....then kudos.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

raduque
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I'll put good money on the radio supporting the LTE bands - but the device doesn't have connections or antennas for LTE.
2004 Ford F150 4.6L V8: Stock... for now
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Microsoft Surface RT 64gb
Asus Transformer TF101 32gb: KatKiss 4.3.1