OP spirodave

18th March 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 145

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone confirmed that Lte is working on this device. I know it has Lte bands and some of the custom roms have settings for this . I currently have my APN set to lte on beanstalk v2. Im thinking of switching to att since my phone is unlocked . I have heard that i should try flashing a skyrocket rom and radio to get this function working. If anyone can confirm that would be great. I would like to know before i switch. Also has anyone use this device with att ? If so how are youre download speeds with HSPA+? Thanks
19th March 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Peoria
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave

Has anyone confirmed that Lte is working on this device. I know it has Lte bands and some of the custom roms have settings for this . I currently have my APN set to lte on beanstalk v2. Im thinking of switching to att since my phone is unlocked . I have heard that i should try flashing a skyrocket rom and radio to get this function working. If anyone can confirm that would be great. I would like to know before i switch. Also has anyone use this device with att ? If so how are youre download speeds with HSPA+? Thanks

I d/l'ed soundofmath's ATT port of Dirty Unicorns. Does not seem to function. My 4G never changes to LTE even know there is a setting that specifically defines either a 4G or LTE icon. I live in Phoenix, where LTE is everywhere. So IDK if I can confirm. D/L speed picked up a little on speedtest.net so maybe it is. I'm using the APN for the LTE network but its spotty on connection. So I just stick with the TMO one til I need the speed.
19th March 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Warwick RI
Thanks Meter: 53

352 posts
More
This phone doesn't have LTE. Those options are just there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cgibbons51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 350

810 posts
More
this phone does not have lte and never will.
The Following User Says Thank You to JesusWazBlack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Arrow lte bands on hercules
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibbons51

This phone doesn't have LTE. Those options are just there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

if you type *#2263# in the dialer it does so have lte bands. you might want to look into it. so lte is possible
21st March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
lte bands on hercules
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]if you type *#2263# in the dialer it does so have lte bands. you might want to look into it. so lte is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusWazBlack

when this phone was realeeased it was during talks of tmobile merger with att. it has the hardware for lte so it is possible. type *#2263# in your dialer and see for yourself. i unlocked this phone and i am on att and when i get lte working ill post ss. so to say it aint possible would be true if it didnt have the bands but it does. please tell me why it isnt possible
21st March 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
lte bands on hercules
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusWazBlack

sorry but you are wrong it does have lte bands. *#2263# shows lte bands which were left in the phone im assuming since the skyrocket is lte and basiclly hercules twin brother from another carrier.
21st March 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
lte bands on hercules
Quote:
Originally Posted by magda623

I d/l'ed soundofmath's ATT port of Dirty Unicorns. Does not seem to function. My 4G never changes to LTE even know there is a setting that specifically defines either a 4G or LTE icon. I live in Phoenix, where LTE is everywhere. So IDK if I can confirm. D/L speed picked up a little on speedtest.net so maybe it is. I'm using the APN for the LTE network but its spotty on connection. So I just stick with the TMO one til I need the speed.

i put my phone on att and am flashing the skyrocket radio . since skyrocket is lte i am pretty sure i should be able to get it working. most people dont know this phone has lte bands. they were too lazy to remove them. lte should only work when using this phone on att. i will keep u posted.
21st March 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #9  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,646

12,252 posts
More
I'll just add this....if lte were possible on this phone, I think devs would have had it working a long time ago.

But if someone does figure it out.....then kudos.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
22nd March 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,271 posts
I'll put good money on the radio supporting the LTE bands - but the device doesn't have connections or antennas for LTE.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread