HELP!! can't unlock boot loader!

8th April 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

930 posts
More
Hey guys I'm trying to unlock the boot loader through the all in one toolkit but it keeps saying device not find! All drivers installed correctly and the phone is being picked up through mass storage and connects to computer fine. I also have sdk tools installed and HTC drivers installed but the tool kit still didn't find phone. Also I run ADB devices and it didn't show up. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
8th April 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan413

Hey guys I'm trying to unlock the boot loader through the all in one toolkit but it keeps saying device not find! All drivers installed correctly and the phone is being picked up through mass storage and connects to computer fine. I also have sdk tools installed and HTC drivers installed but the tool kit still didn't find phone. Also I run ADB devices and it didn't show up. Any ideas?

Did you try closing HTC Sync Manager?

Make sure and exit completely, right click and exit in the system tray
8th April 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

930 posts
More
Yeah I've tried that. I think I've done everything and adb/toolkit will not read my phone but everything else is and all drivers installed perfectly. I'm just at a loss. Mostly all androids I've had have all been read quickly especially my last phone the note 3

9th April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #4  

421 posts
Quote:

Yeah I've tried that. I think I've done everything and adb/toolkit will not read my phone but everything else is and all drivers installed perfectly. I'm just at a loss. Mostly all androids I've had have all been read quickly especially my last phone the note 3

Not sure it would matter since you're running commands from ADB but did you turn off fast boot in the power options? Also, I know there's a tool somewhere here on XDA where you can remove all of the android drivers and start fresh. I want to say it's called USBDeview. It was part of the WugFresh nexus 10 toolkit. I used the tool to get rid of all my samsung drivers and also HTC drivers so I could start fresh

Here's a link to the toolkit. Try using the driver installation guide there, it has the tool in it I used to get rid of all the android devices to start fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2015467

This is assuming your drivers are the problem which is what it sounds like

Edit: just use that toolkit for the USBDeview tool, not to unlock your device as it is for the nexus 10. Lol sorry had to just make sure
Last edited by TheEmpyre; 9th April 2014 at 12:10 AM.
9th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

930 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre

Not sure it would matter since you're running commands from ADB but did you turn off fast boot in the power options? Also, I know there's a tool somewhere here on XDA where you can remove all of the android drivers and start fresh. I want to say it's called USBDeview. It was part of the WugFresh nexus 10 toolkit. I used the tool to get rid of all my samsung drivers and also HTC drivers so I could start fresh

Here's a link to the toolkit. Try using the driver installation guide there, it has the tool in it I used to get rid of all the android devices to start fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2015467

This is assuming your drivers are the problem which is what it sounds like

Edit: just use that toolkit for the USBDeview tool, not to unlock your device as it is for the nexus 10. Lol sorry had to just make sure

well thats the problem. ADB isnt recognizing the phone but the rest of the computer is.
Last edited by jonathan413; 9th April 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: just downloaded the toolkit you linked to and i see no reference to what you are describing.
9th April 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 196

589 posts
Quote:

umm, did you enable developer options and enable usb debugging? if you type adb devices and nothing shows up, its not going to work. You should learn how to do it all manually anyways. It could save you in the future. Go to htc dev site and it walks you through it for windows and mac. VERY easy. You need to learn to use fastboot commands. Msg me if you can't get it done.
9th April 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #7  

421 posts
Quote:

well thats the problem. ADB isnt recognizing the phone but the rest of the computer is.

Right, and I guess I'm saying that it may be worthwhile to try cleaning out your drivers and then starting from scratch with HTC driver and android interface driver. When I cleaned out mine I had several duplicated. After removing them I was able to connect to my device just fine. I can't think of another reason why your device wouldn't connect
9th April 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

930 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

umm, did you enable developer options and enable usb debugging? if you type adb devices and nothing shows up, its not going to work. You should learn how to do it all manually anyways. It could save you in the future. Go to htc dev site and it walks you through it for windows and mac. VERY easy. You need to learn to use fastboot commands. Msg me if you can't get it done.

ive never had any problems with command ADB DEVICES showing the connected device until this phone. I CANT use htcdev because it makes me download some file called "fastboot-win.zip" and after extracting it wont opne and gives me error message of some missing file which is indeed not missing. And dont you need ADB when you get the unlock token anyway? never had this type of issue before.
9th April 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

930 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre

Right, and I guess I'm saying that it may be worthwhile to try cleaning out your drivers and then starting from scratch with HTC driver and android interface driver. When I cleaned out mine I had several duplicated. After removing them I was able to connect to my device just fine. I can't think of another reason why your device wouldn't connect

there is no other drivers showing up other than HTC's. and ive reinstalled it at least three times. everything is working except ADB recognizing the phone.
9th April 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 196

589 posts
Quote:

ive never had any problems with command ADB DEVICES showing the connected device until this phone. I CANT use htcdev because it makes me download some file called "fastboot-win.zip" and after extracting it wont opne and gives me error message of some missing file which is indeed not missing. And dont you need ADB when you get the unlock token anyway? never had this type of issue before.

You must enable usb debugging to use adb on htc. go, settings, about and click on build like 10 times until it says developer options, then go to settings/developer options and turn on debugging. adb will not work on stock rom unless you do this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread