Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted D802T

Tip us?

GalaxyWhy
Old
(Last edited by GalaxyWhy; 5th April 2014 at 05:53 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Rooted D802T

Hey guys, so I rooted my LG G2, as of now Australia hasn't recieved the Kitkat update.
I was wondering if I could flash the stock 4.4 onto my device and how i would go about doing this? Ive only ever rooted and flashed cyanogen mod before (on my Galaxy s3).

This is my phones software info:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-05-15-41-08.png
Views:	82
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2669242

Cheers

Art Vanderlay
Old
(Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 23rd May 2014 at 01:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy View Post
Hey guys, so I rooted my LG G2, as of now Australia hasn't recieved the Kitkat update.
I was wondering if I could flash the stock 4.4 onto my device and how i would go about doing this? Ive only ever rooted and flashed cyanogen mod before (on my Galaxy s3).

This is my phones software info:
Attachment 2669242

Cheers
You certainly can mate, I'm on the same as you and I flashed this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680789 but I lost my recovery and had to downgrade again. I recommend you flash the other one in d802 development which has a recovery because in all honesty, I think jellybean is better.

Edit: Jellybean was better. Until D80220C came along

poochewer
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
You certainly can mate, I'm on the same as you and I flashed this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680789 but I lost my recovery and had to downgrade again. I recommend you flash the other one in d802 development which has a recovery because in all honesty, I think jellybean is better.
Has anyone on D802T successfully flashed KK cos I can't seem to do it. When I flash via pc I get stuck on 49% and when I flash via recovery, it never boots into kk, and I have to restore my nandroid. Any advice on the best method would be appreciated, cos I'm almost ready to give up on getting kitkat.Thanks in advance.
LG G2 D802T 32g STOCK ROM 4.2.2 LAUNCHER7 DORIMANX KERNEL 3.4

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer View Post
Has anyone on D802T successfully flashed KK cos I can't seem to do it. When I flash via pc I get stuck on 49% and when I flash via recovery, it never boots into kk, and I have to restore my nandroid. Any advice on the best method would be appreciated, cos I'm almost ready to give up on getting kitkat.Thanks in advance.
If you're doing with a kdz try using just the mobile support tool and doing the update. What do you mean by doesn't boot up? Does it bootloop or something?
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7

poochewer
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
If you're doing with a kdz try using just the mobile support tool and doing the update. What do you mean by doesn't boot up? Does it bootloop or something?
Excuse my ignorance but what is mobile support tool?
LG G2 D802T 32g STOCK ROM 4.2.2 LAUNCHER7 DORIMANX KERNEL 3.4

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is mobile support tool?
Its the tool that does the flashing in the back to stock method. LG mobile support tool. Try running that on its own and plug your phone in. It should give you the update online.
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]