Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Rooted D802T

OP GalaxyWhy

5th April 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #1  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
392 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Hey guys, so I rooted my LG G2, as of now Australia hasn't recieved the Kitkat update.
I was wondering if I could flash the stock 4.4 onto my device and how i would go about doing this? Ive only ever rooted and flashed cyanogen mod before (on my Galaxy s3).

This is my phones software info:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-05-15-41-08.png
Views:	95
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2669242


Cheers
Last edited by GalaxyWhy; 5th April 2014 at 06:53 AM.
5th April 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Hey guys, so I rooted my LG G2, as of now Australia hasn't recieved the Kitkat update.
I was wondering if I could flash the stock 4.4 onto my device and how i would go about doing this? Ive only ever rooted and flashed cyanogen mod before (on my Galaxy s3).

This is my phones software info:
Attachment 2669242


Cheers

You certainly can mate, I'm on the same as you and I flashed this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680789 but I lost my recovery and had to downgrade again. I recommend you flash the other one in d802 development which has a recovery because in all honesty, I think jellybean is better.



Edit: Jellybean was better. Until D80220C came along
Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 23rd May 2014 at 02:42 AM.
22nd May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
poochewer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SYDNEY
Thanks Meter: 102
 
441 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

You certainly can mate, I'm on the same as you and I flashed this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680789 but I lost my recovery and had to downgrade again. I recommend you flash the other one in d802 development which has a recovery because in all honesty, I think jellybean is better.

Has anyone on D802T successfully flashed KK cos I can't seem to do it. When I flash via pc I get stuck on 49% and when I flash via recovery, it never boots into kk, and I have to restore my nandroid. Any advice on the best method would be appreciated, cos I'm almost ready to give up on getting kitkat.Thanks in advance.
23rd May 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #4  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer

Has anyone on D802T successfully flashed KK cos I can't seem to do it. When I flash via pc I get stuck on 49% and when I flash via recovery, it never boots into kk, and I have to restore my nandroid. Any advice on the best method would be appreciated, cos I'm almost ready to give up on getting kitkat.Thanks in advance.

If you're doing with a kdz try using just the mobile support tool and doing the update. What do you mean by doesn't boot up? Does it bootloop or something?
23rd May 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #5  
poochewer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SYDNEY
Thanks Meter: 102
 
441 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

If you're doing with a kdz try using just the mobile support tool and doing the update. What do you mean by doesn't boot up? Does it bootloop or something?

Excuse my ignorance but what is mobile support tool?
23rd May 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #6  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochewer

Excuse my ignorance but what is mobile support tool?

Its the tool that does the flashing in the back to stock method. LG mobile support tool. Try running that on its own and plug your phone in. It should give you the update online.
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes