Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE Help?!?!

Tip us?

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] PLEASE Help?!?!

I have tried multiple times to flash this dialer but I keep ending up with errors. http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...dexed-t2526844 The dialer will flash and will work fine but I get the following error: "com.android.phone has stopped." I am running liquidsmooth ROM on T-Mobile galaxy s3. I would really appreciate all the help. By the way I have tried factory reset, fix permissions, clearing cache, and clearing dalvik cache but none have worked. I have even tried to reflash the ROM but it hasn't worked. Please any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AOSP_2_GoogleDialer442_odex.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.42 MB, 1 views)

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,862

DONATE TO ME
What kind of Errors if any appeared on the Flash process ? Can you grab the log of Recovery Flash ? Its typically in /cache/recovery folder after you boot.

If there weren't any errors then Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently ? More so, that Dialer package is missing needed Libraries ? (Or LS is missing the said Libs)

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
What kind of Errors if any appeared on the Flash process ? Can you grab the log of Recovery Flash ? Its typically in /cache/recovery folder after you boot.

If there weren't any errors then Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently ? More so, that Dialer package is missing needed Libraries ? (Or LS is missing the said Libs)
For the moment it is gone away, after trying it over an over I deleted two .apk's in the zip (TeleService.apk) (TeleService.odex), and flashed it without these apk's. It worked without any error but if it comes up again I will let you know.

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Help?!

Quote:

I spoke too soon, it didn't work. As soon as I dialed there was no dialer so I was not able to end the call or do any other things. I grabbed the flash log from /cache/recovery folder and I'm pretty sure its the this one. If you could help me that would be great. I am not sure if Liquidsmooth Kitkat has the dialer named differently or if its missing libraries. How would I be able to check these? I am using this ROM:http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliqui...ly/S3_Unified/ the 4/19/2014 one, if thats of any use.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (13.7 KB, 1 views)

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,862

DONATE TO ME
The Log does not seem to show anything out of Ordinary. As I said on PM, post on the Mod's thread to see what others have experienced.

P. S. - Don't fragment the discussion between here and PM. Send a pm asking to look at the thread if I don't respond after 48 hours. Typically I have the threads subscribed.

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The Log does not seem to show anything out of Ordinary. As I said on PM, post on the Mod's thread to see what others have experienced.

P. S. - Don't fragment the discussion between here and PM. Send a pm asking to look at the thread if I don't respond after 48 hours. Typically I have the threads subscribed.
Sorry about that. I also have another problem: in the google camera the photosphere, panorama and lens blur are all not working. I like this camera but it worked before but in the process of trying to fix my dialer these camera features are not working either.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,862

DONATE TO ME
Again the mismatched or missing libraries of this dialer are breaking other stuff. Post on the Dialer's thread.

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Again the mismatched or missing libraries of this dialer are breaking other stuff. Post on the Dialer's thread.
I have posted multiple times but have not gotten any reply. Any idea?

tennispro820
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Help?!

Quote:
I factory reset it and flashed an update with the newest GAPPS but the camera is still having problem. I am unable to use all the google camera features such as photosphere, panorama and lens blur are all not working. Why is this still happening even after a reset? Is there a fix? I have looked for a long time without any success in finding the solution.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,862

DONATE TO ME
Was it working before you played with the Dialer ?

Tags
aosp, dialer, error, google, liquidsmooth