Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How would you rate the video capture on the M8?
Very good 0 0%
Good 2 66.67%
Average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Very poor 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

Video Recording Quality

OP mwatson

2nd April 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1  
mwatson's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
There are a few negative reviews about the video capture quality on the M8 which include dropped frames and focus issues. watching samples on YouTube doesn't really demonstrate the best it can be due to the compression.

If you're an M8 owner, how do you rate the video capture? Is the lack of IOS an issue?

If you can you share a raw file so it can be viewed without any YouTube compression and artifacts that would be great.

Thanks
2nd April 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

There are a few negative reviews about the video capture quality on the M8 which include dropped frames and focus issues. watching samples on YouTube doesn't really demonstrate the best it can be due to the compression.

If you're an M8 owner, how do you rate the video capture? Is the lack of IOS an issue?

If you can you share a raw file so it can be viewed without any YouTube compression and artifacts that would be great.

Thanks

I've been happy with it. I even recorded my kids on a zip-wire at the weekend, and it didn't seem any "shakier" than any of my OIS enabled phones. I'll upload a sample if I get chance today via dropbox or something.
3rd April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #3  
mwatson's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Thats good. Thanks, any other user experiances?
4th April 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I'll step outside and record a video for ya real quick, gimmie a few minutes.

Uploading now, kinda overcast skies @ 7pm on the east coast so not a whole lot of daylight, u will see. About 3 minutes to upload and I'll add the link in this post.

::EDIT::

Here is the drop box link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odzrtefbzvckyfh/VIDEO0002.mp4
Last edited by LaGgY_42o; 4th April 2014 at 01:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LaGgY_42o For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #5  
mwatson's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGgY_42o

I'll step outside and record a video for ya real quick, gimmie a few minutes.

Uploading now, kinda overcast skies @ 7pm on the east coast so not a whole lot of daylight, u will see. About 3 minutes to upload and I'll add the link in this post.

::EDIT::

Here is the drop box link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odzrtefbzvckyfh/VIDEO0002.mp4

Thanks for uploading that. It seems to suffer from motion stutter when panning. This doesn't happen on the M7. Colours look quite dull too. This is what i'm seeing elsewhere. Maybe it can be improved with an update?
4th April 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 1
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

Thanks for uploading that. It seems to suffer from motion stutter when panning. This doesn't happen on the M7. Colours look quite dull too. This is what i'm seeing elsewhere. Maybe it can be improved with an update?


I hope the OTA can fix it cause I found that the camera didn't close very smoothly when returning to the lockscreen with the phone locked.
5th April 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #7  
mwatson's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Any more thoughts on this? I've bumped as I'm keen to buy this today, but a bit put off by the video capture. Many thanks!
5th April 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #8  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,118
 
1,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

Any more thoughts on this? I've bumped as I'm keen to buy this today, but a bit put off by the video capture. Many thanks!

hi! as you would like users to rate the video recording quality, wouldn't be better to add a poll in the thread? this way it would be easier to rate and understand the result, as we can "see" them without looking for ratings in the thread... just my opinion
5th April 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #9  
mwatson's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109
 
694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91

hi! as you would like users to rate the video recording quality, wouldn't be better to add a poll in the thread? this way it would be easier to rate and understand the result, as we can "see" them without looking for ratings in the thread... just my opinion

Tis done! give it a click
5th April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #10  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,118
 
1,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

Tis done! give it a click

when i will buy my M8

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes