Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 47,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IP Address unavailable

Tip us?

FRANKstar3
Old
(Last edited by FRANKstar3; 1st August 2013 at 10:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] IP Address unavailable

Hi guys i have a problem with my IP address when i go to settings>about phone>status my IP address says unavailable ive tried switching my phone off but nothing works i think this is affecting my wifi as well because it also says settings not responding when i switch it on and when i use other applications to switch it on they fail when they are collectiing my wifi address someone please help me i miss WiFi

cybhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Since you didn't post the device information (ie phone model) nor the router you use, it doesn't allow us forums users to give you the best options to troubleshoot the problem your having

Some generic options to try

1) try powercycling the router (linksys have a tendency of dropping Wifi connections)
2) check to see if the wifi toggle is on (the settings menu)
Some good reads:
"Learn Java for Android Development" ISBN-13: 978-1-4302-3156-1 (Currently Reading)
"The Android Developer's Cookbook", ISBN-13: 978-0-321-74123-3 (Plan on Reading)

Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-I547), Rooted Modified Stock (4.1.2, tetheringprovision removal, PopuiReciver modified)
Asus Transformer (TF-101), Rooted Team EOS Rom (4.2.2)

colestole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem as well:
my phone specs:
Software version: L720VPUEMK2
Device model: SPH-L720
Android version: 4.4.2

A couple of days ago i had installed the newest update for the s4 and when it had finished installing both the bluetooth address and the ip address said unavailable and i am now unable to connect to any internet

cshlcsh
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colestole View Post
I have the same problem as well:
my phone specs:
Software version: L720VPUEMK2
Device model: SPH-L720
Android version: 4.4.2

A couple of days ago i had installed the newest update for the s4 and when it had finished installing both the bluetooth address and the ip address said unavailable and i am now unable to connect to any internet
It looks like your efs has been missing.If you have a backup.Restore it.
Flash the modem separately may help too.