Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 45,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternative Apps for CM/AOSP?

Tip us?
 
kewkie
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 726
Posts: 1,538
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Alternative Apps for CM/AOSP?

Hey guys,

i'm currently pretty tired of LG Stock (mostly of the Calling delay bug..) and i tried some other rom and i'm gonna use CM.

So, since its a simple a clean rom i'm missing some apps/features, but i know there are alternatives, but i dont know about which ones are good, because i cant test them all.

- A 360 Panorama camera (360 camera? good enough?)
- SmartStay (Intelligent display)
- QuickRemote - or at least an remote app, i tried a lot of them but didnt find a good one yet
- A good video editor

Thanks.
 
khaytsus
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,081
Posts: 6,932
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Kentucky
Quick remote works just fine, install the version in this section.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to khaytsus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
maxime_e
Old
#3  
maxime_e's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Mar 2014
Try PhotoSphere
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562601
The Following User Says Thank You to maxime_e For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kewkie
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 726
Posts: 1,538
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxime_e View Post
Thanks will try.

Btw someone know an app for such "magic focus" like on the gpro? or is it just an gpro "feature"?
 
ingoljosh
Old
#5  
ingoljosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 397
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewkie View Post
Hey guys,

i'm currently pretty tired of LG Stock (mostly of the Calling delay bug..) and i tried some other rom and i'm gonna use CM.

So, since its a simple a clean rom i'm missing some apps/features, but i know there are alternatives, but i dont know about which ones are good, because i cant test them all.

- A 360 Panorama camera (360 camera? good enough?)
- SmartStay (Intelligent display)
- QuickRemote - or at least an remote app, i tried a lot of them but didnt find a good one yet
- A good video editor

Thanks.

Calling delay bug?

I had the same thing happen to me. i uninstalled the GMail update and that bug stopped.

go to googe play store. find gmail, uninstall. it will only uninstall recent update. done.

then uncheck auto update on gmail.
 
ephumuris
Old
#6  
ephumuris's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 480
Posts: 3,145
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hull
The main thing I would miss is the really nice AccuWeather widget. Not seen one that is as nice anywhere...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Very hungry. I want Gingerbread.

Join GiffGaff and earn Payback yourself. The mobile network run by YOU.

 
kewkie
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 726
Posts: 1,538
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephumuris View Post
The main thing I would miss is the really nice AccuWeather widget. Not seen one that is as nice anywhere...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Tried Yahoo weather? Its not that nice but its doing a good job
 
darknessmessiah
Old
#8  
darknessmessiah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 232
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santo André
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewkie View Post
Tried Yahoo weather? Its not that nice but its doing a good job
I'm using Chronos on the Nova Launcher... It's free as well and very nice
The Following User Says Thank You to darknessmessiah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kewkie
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 726
Posts: 1,538
Join Date: Dec 2012
Wow, there are so many good alternatives, at least for the weather.

But what about the other's?
 
ingoljosh
Old
#10  
ingoljosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 267
Posts: 397
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewkie View Post
Hey guys,

i'm currently pretty tired of LG Stock (mostly of the Calling delay bug..) and i tried some other rom and i'm gonna use CM.

So, since its a simple a clean rom i'm missing some apps/features, but i know there are alternatives, but i dont know about which ones are good, because i cant test them all.

- A 360 Panorama camera (360 camera? good enough?)
- SmartStay (Intelligent display)
- QuickRemote - or at least an remote app, i tried a lot of them but didnt find a good one yet
- A good video editor

Thanks.

Have you tried the Samsung Remote app?

Its over on another thread here ported to be used on Lg G2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes