FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Took the OTA for ZVC and am now bootlooping. Reload stock with no success

552 posts
Thanks Meter: 98

By haoleflip, Senior Member on 9th April 2014, 07:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I initially took the OTA to ZVC download thinking that I could just boot into recovery and cancel the download before it started so that the message to update wouldn't appear anymore in my notification bar. I took the download then when the phone booted into recovery I cancelled the download, but now my phone is stuck in bootloop. I am trying to restore using the LG software updater tool found in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=upgrade) but it keeps giving me an error that there are "No upgrade items to fix" and it won't proceed with the update. Are there any other ways I could try that will work for me?

9th April 2014, 08:19 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Can someone please help? I need my device back in working order for work.....
9th April 2014, 08:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haoleflip

Can someone please help? I need my device back in working order for work.....

I will pay someone to help me out pleeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeeee
9th April 2014, 09:08 PM |#4  
Flag Vacaville, CA
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haoleflip

I initially took the OTA to ZVC download thinking that I could just boot into recovery and cancel the download before it started so that the message to update wouldn't appear anymore in my notification bar. I took the download then when the phone booted into recovery I cancelled the download, but now my phone is stuck in bootloop. I am trying to restore using the LG software updater tool found in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=upgrade) but it keeps giving me an error that there are "No upgrade items to fix" and it won't proceed with the update. Are there any other ways I could try that will work for me?

Is it booting you back into Recovery each time? Do you have root (#) when you adb shell? If so, maybe you can clear the OTA by doing the following dd command...

daryel@OptiPlex-745 ~/adb $ adb shell
~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota': No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied, 2.656541 seconds, 12.0MB/s
~ # redaryel@OptiPlex-745 ~/adb $
9th April 2014, 09:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv

Is it booting you back into Recovery each time? Do you have root (#) when you adb shell? If so, maybe you can clear the OTA by doing the following dd command...

daryel@OptiPlex-745 ~/adb $ adb shell
~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd: writing '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota': No space left on device
65537+0 records in
65536+0 records out
33554432 bytes (32.0MB) copied, 2.656541 seconds, 12.0MB/s
~ # redaryel@OptiPlex-745 ~/adb $

Sorry, but what is adb shell? and how do I run that command?
9th April 2014, 09:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I just want simple step by step instructions on how to get my phone restored. I have tried countless threads and none of it is working for me. I am running into issues like no other. Please, I will be more than happy to pay someone to help me out here. I have paypal....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)